Wine: Something for the weekend
2012 Sogrape Casa Ferreirinha Planalto, Douro
A floral Portuguese dry-white blend with appley fruit that's so refreshing it makes your mouth water as you raise glass to lip. £7.99, buy 2 bottles = £6.39, Majestic
2012 Louis Latour Macon Viré-Clessé
The honeyed ripeness of this white Burgundy turns to a restrained peaches-and-cream flavour. Perfect with pan-fried salmon. £14.57-£15.66, Spirited Wines shops
Taittinger Brut Réserve Champagne NV
Chardonnay brings complexity to this delicate wine. Rich apple-sweet fruit dissolve into a fine-textured mousse. £26.99-£27.95, down from £36.99, Waitrose, Jeroboams
Life & Style blogs
Why you should never make assumptions about people with autism
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
Sugary drinks are killing 184,000 adults around the world every year, says study
Optical illusion turns blue demon into brunette
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 4 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
iJobs Food & Drink
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To support their continued grow...
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...