Wine: Something for the weekend
2013 Venturer Rueda Verdejo
Venturer is a new series showing a particularly good one-off blend – this is one of the first in an appetisingly dry Spanish white showing from Aldi. £4.99, Aldi
2012 Vasse Felix Chardonnay, Margaret River, Western Australia
Typically fine Australian chardonnay showing complex nutty notes and seductive ripe melon. £15.99, Majestic
2010 Domaine du Père Caboche, Châteauneuf-du-Pape
Strawberries with cardamom spiciness, this rich, juicy blend glides across the tongue for a satisfying finish. £21, Yapp Bros (yapp.co.uk; 01747 860423)
Life & Style blogs
- 1 British tourists 'murdered' in Thailand: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Vivienne Westwood says 'Yes' to Scottish Independence by declaring: 'I hate England'
- 3 Welcome to Cameroon, where drinking Baileys can lead to imprisonment
- 4 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 5 Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
iJobs Food & Drink
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...