Wine: Something for the weekend
2013 Venturer Rueda Verdejo
Venturer is a new series showing a particularly good one-off blend – this is one of the first in an appetisingly dry Spanish white showing from Aldi. £4.99, Aldi
2012 Vasse Felix Chardonnay, Margaret River, Western Australia
Typically fine Australian chardonnay showing complex nutty notes and seductive ripe melon. £15.99, Majestic
2010 Domaine du Père Caboche, Châteauneuf-du-Pape
Strawberries with cardamom spiciness, this rich, juicy blend glides across the tongue for a satisfying finish. £21, Yapp Bros (yapp.co.uk; 01747 860423)
Life & Style blogs
Alexander McQueen at auction: What makes a really great piece of fashion?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
No female ejaculation, please, we’re British: a history of porn and censorship
Stressed nurses are 'forced to choose between health of patients and their own'
Pornhub: Kim Kardashian's sex tape is the most-watched porn video of all-time
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
iJobs Food & Drink
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...
£23000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This successful group of compan...