Wine: Something for the weekend
2009 Santa Rita Medalla Real Carmenère, Leyda Valley
Deep-hued red displaying the camphor aromatics of Chile's grape with a herb-infused opulence of dark berry fruitiness. £11.99, buy 2=£7.99,Majestic
2012 Sancerre Roc de L'Abbaye, Florian Mollet
An outstanding expression of the sauvignon grape in its heartland, this dry Loire white shows subtle herbs and gooseberry flavours. £13.99, down from £15.99, Sainsbury's
2011 Neudorf Tom's Block Nelson Pinot Noir
This pinot is initially sweetly fragrant but later develops into something etched with mineral freshness. Around £20 bottle/case, Lay & Wheeler, Richard Dawes, mustwines.co.uk
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 North Korean prison officers 'cooked prisoner's baby and fed it to their dogs', more horrific accounts from UN report reveal
- 3 Antonio Martin shooting: Mayor says there should be 'no comparison' to Ferguson
- 4 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 5 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...