Wines of the week: Delta Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough 2012; Valcheta Torrontes 2013; Cono Sur Bicicleta Viognier 2012
Terry Kirby selects the best bottles to buy
Sunday 23 March 2014
The first weekend of spring is time to savour some refreshing Southern Hemisphere whites…
Delta Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough 2012
This zesty mix of grassy acidity and tropical fruits, with a shot of citric grapefruit and lime, will refresh the palate and invigorate the soul. Shellfish or a prime white fish such as brill are ideal. £11.65, etonvintners.com; £11.95, slurp.co.uk (minimum order: six bottles)
Valcheta Torrontes 2013
The enticingly floral aromas of an Argentine Torrontes from the Mendoza valley can, paradoxically, remind us of the joys of our spring hedgerows, bursting with wild flowers. Despite the floral nose, this is bone-dry, and its light, peachy flavours marry well with all types of fish, particularly if cooked with Asian spices. £8.65, jascots.co.uk
Cono Sur Bicicleta Viognier 2012
This Chilean Viognier is a gorgeous rendition of a grape that can command ridiculous prices as Condrieu in France. Characteristic floral aromas and flavours of honey, apricots and hint of smoke, but wonderfully fresh and clean on the palate. £7.49, morrisonscellar.com; £7.50, Asda
Life & Style blogs
International Kissing Day: Why it feels good
World learns of app that shows you who unfriended you on Facebook, app promptly crashes
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Kristen Stewart opens star-studded Chanel show with Julianne Moore, Rita Ora and Lily Collins on the runway
- 1 Florida man sentenced to two-and-a-half years for having sex on the beach in front of a child
- 2 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 3 Nick Kyrgios calls former Olympian Dawn Fraser a 'blatant racist' after she tells Wimbledon star to 'go back where their parents came from'
- 4 World learns of app that shows you who unfriended you on Facebook, app promptly crashes
- 5 Chris Moyles reportedly set to make radio comeback with new breakfast show on XFM
iJobs Food & Drink
£7 per hour: Recruitment Genius: To work within the Visitor Experience Departm...
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To support their continued grow...
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...