Wines of the week: Dobogo Furmint Tokaji 2011; Finca Constancia 2010; Cuvée Fleur Rosé 2012
Terry Kirby selects the best bottles to buy
Sunday 18 August 2013
Dobogo Furmint Tokaji 2011
From the same region of Hungary and grape as the renowned Tokaji dessert wine, this 2013 Decanter Gold Award-winning bottle is very dry, but still luscious and aromatic, with honeysuckle aromas and flavours of dried pears and apricots. Try with mildly spiced Middle Eastern or Asian foods. £16.50, eclectictastes.co.uk; £17, winetrust100.co.uk
Finca Constancia 2010
A wonderfully elegant and powerful wine from the Castile–La Mancha area of Spain, made from a blend of local grapes such as Graciano and Tempranillo and internationals such as Cabernet Sauvignon and Shiraz. Complex and spicy, great for midweek steak or chicken in a Catalan romesco sauce. £8.60, slurp.co.uk; £10.49, tesco.com (minimum purchase of six bottles)
Cuvée Fleur Rosé 2012
Bliss: this is what high summer is made for. A timeless, refreshing, cheap and cheerful Syrah-based rosé from the South of France that should, ideally, be glugged out of Duralex tumblers in a garden on sultry evenings and accompany picnics and barbecues or a proper fish soup with rouille and aioli. £4.95, Waitrose
Life & Style blogs
Charlie Charlie Challenge: how to banish the demon from your Facebook and Twitter news feed
World first as scientists use cold sore virus to attack cancer cells
British people have become 'internationally renowned' for having 'really lousy' teeth
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
'Paracetamol Challenge': Police and teachers issue warning to parents over social media craze
- 1 I was raped by another man. And now the Government wants to take away the one thing that saved my life
- 2 Preston fan who appeared to snatch Jermaine Beckford's shirt from eight-year-old boy identified and says: 'the truth will come out'
- 3 Priest warns pupils the 'Charlie Charlie Challenge' is 'demonic activity'
- 4 Iran launches anti-Isis cartoon competition 'to expose true nature of Islamic State'
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
iJobs Food & Drink
£32K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Dining Room Head Chef to work for one of ...
£27K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Pastry Sous Chef / Experienced Pastry Che...
£24K + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Events Coordinator ...
Salary 42,000: Royal Yachting Association Cymru Wales: The CEO is responsible ...