Wines of the week: The best bottles for summer drinking
Sunday 08 June 2014
Wakefield Clare Valley Riesling 2012
Australian riesling is at its best in the Clare Valley – mineral, lime zest and flowery aromas give way to complex flavours of citrus and tropical fruits and green apples, with a bracing acidity and a long finish. All shellfish, but full-bodied enough to match summery chicken dishes. £10.20, kwmwine.com; £10.79, Marks and Spencer
Rabl Grüner Veltliner Kamptal 2012
The often elusive taste of Gruner is much more accessible in this offering from the longstanding Rabl winery. Unoaked and as refreshing as an Alpine stream, it is packed with flavours of apples and elderflowers, with just the merest hint of smoky complexity. Perfect with all white fish dishes, or even asparagus. £8.99, Marks and Spencer
Les Jamelles Viognier 2013
The Les Jamelles brand offers excellent value for money and this Viognier – in stores in a week or so – is a gorgeous summer wine, full of the sunshine of the south of France. It has aromas of fresh fruits and flowers, and its richness is balanced with good acidity. Drink as an aperitif with fish, or with fruity desserts. £6.49, Co-op stores
Life & Style blogs
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
A nap a day could save your life
Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
Windows 10 automatically sends parents detailed dossier of their children's internet history and computer use
The antidote to Tinder? Majority of dating app users want relationship, rather than hook-ups, study finds
- 1 Barbarians vs Samoa interrupted by sprinklers as fans criticise lack of Wi-Fi and poor seating at West Ham's Olympic Stadium
- 2 Watch the Supermoon live: How to see the brightest Moon of the year tonight
- 3 Hulk Hogan wants to be Donald Trump's running mate in the US Presidential election
- 4 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
- 5 David De Gea to Real Madrid: Real finally get their man with £29m bid for Manchester United goalkeeper
iJobs Food & Drink
£26000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Product Development departm...
£23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Visitor Fundraising Team is responsi...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£30000 - £34000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Estates Team of this group ...