Wine:Something For The Weekend?
Saturday 23 August 2008
Under a Fiver
2007 Les Jamelles Viognier, Vin de Pays d'Oc
This floral, southern French viognier shows ripe-pear fruitiness, which at this price makes it the perfect everyday dry white.
£3.99, down from £5.49, till tomorrow, Co-op stores
Under a Tenner
2005 Cordier Bordeaux Grand Vin Prestige Merlot Cabernet Sauvignon
This is a surprisingly approachable merlot-based red Bordeaux in which the mocha oak undertones balance the savoury acidity.
£7.49, down from £9.99, to 11 Sept, Morrisons
Ayala Brut Champagne
Make a bigger splash this weekend with bubbles of the champagne kind and this stylish, toasty, bruised-apple fizz from the excellent Ayala.
£24.99, buy 6 = £18.74, to 31 Aug, Marks & Spencer
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Data Management & ...