Wine:Something For The Weekend?
Saturday 23 August 2008
Under a Fiver
2007 Les Jamelles Viognier, Vin de Pays d'Oc
This floral, southern French viognier shows ripe-pear fruitiness, which at this price makes it the perfect everyday dry white.
£3.99, down from £5.49, till tomorrow, Co-op stores
Under a Tenner
2005 Cordier Bordeaux Grand Vin Prestige Merlot Cabernet Sauvignon
This is a surprisingly approachable merlot-based red Bordeaux in which the mocha oak undertones balance the savoury acidity.
£7.49, down from £9.99, to 11 Sept, Morrisons
Ayala Brut Champagne
Make a bigger splash this weekend with bubbles of the champagne kind and this stylish, toasty, bruised-apple fizz from the excellent Ayala.
£24.99, buy 6 = £18.74, to 31 Aug, Marks & Spencer
Life & Style blogs
Imagination Quotient tests could lead to smartphone app that boosts your creativity
Asexuality: when life isn't all about sex
Twitter deletes plagiarised jokes for 'copyright infringement'
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Instagram and Facebook have 'totally changed' the way people buy clothes in the age of the selfie
- 1 Kenya President Uhuru Kenyatta clashes with President Obama on LGBT equality: ‘Gay rights is really a non-issue’
- 2 37-year-old black woman found dead in police custody
- 3 Five-year-old boy forced classmate to simulate oral sex at primary school, claims mother
- 4 Game of Thrones season 6: New toy line suggests Jon Snow is not among the dead
- 5 Denmark bans kosher and halal slaughter as minister says ‘animal rights come before religion’
iJobs Food & Drink
£12500 - £24500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Drivers wanted for a family run...
£40000 - £45000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A successful leisure company is seek...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: The positions above are available either part ...
£25K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Fitness Centre Supervisor / Duty Manager ...