Wine:Something For The Weekend?
Saturday 23 August 2008
Under a Fiver
2007 Les Jamelles Viognier, Vin de Pays d'Oc
This floral, southern French viognier shows ripe-pear fruitiness, which at this price makes it the perfect everyday dry white.
£3.99, down from £5.49, till tomorrow, Co-op stores
Under a Tenner
2005 Cordier Bordeaux Grand Vin Prestige Merlot Cabernet Sauvignon
This is a surprisingly approachable merlot-based red Bordeaux in which the mocha oak undertones balance the savoury acidity.
£7.49, down from £9.99, to 11 Sept, Morrisons
Ayala Brut Champagne
Make a bigger splash this weekend with bubbles of the champagne kind and this stylish, toasty, bruised-apple fizz from the excellent Ayala.
£24.99, buy 6 = £18.74, to 31 Aug, Marks & Spencer
Life & Style blogs
Plus live in a folly tower and Towcester growth
Plus how much you need to earn to rent in London, and new homes figures
Plus where The Apprentices live, house price growth outside London, and househunter numbers
- 1 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 2 Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
- 3 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 4 'Swivel-gate': David Cameron goes to war with the press over 'swivel-eyed loons' slur
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
iJobs Food & Drink
£26400 - £36000 per annum: Randstad Education Maidstone: An Independant school...
£22k-£25k + comm + benefits: Blue Travel Solutions: LOOKING FOR A CAREER IN TH...
£26k-£29k + excellent comm: Blue Travel Solutions: We have a high-end luxury t...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + (£15K + Uncapped Commission & Benefits): Flight Ce...