Wine:Something For The Weekend?
Saturday 23 August 2008
Under a Fiver
2007 Les Jamelles Viognier, Vin de Pays d'Oc
This floral, southern French viognier shows ripe-pear fruitiness, which at this price makes it the perfect everyday dry white.
£3.99, down from £5.49, till tomorrow, Co-op stores
Under a Tenner
2005 Cordier Bordeaux Grand Vin Prestige Merlot Cabernet Sauvignon
This is a surprisingly approachable merlot-based red Bordeaux in which the mocha oak undertones balance the savoury acidity.
£7.49, down from £9.99, to 11 Sept, Morrisons
Ayala Brut Champagne
Make a bigger splash this weekend with bubbles of the champagne kind and this stylish, toasty, bruised-apple fizz from the excellent Ayala.
£24.99, buy 6 = £18.74, to 31 Aug, Marks & Spencer
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 2 Loom bands: Bids for dress made from colourful rubber pass £170,000 on eBay
- 3 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 4 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
- 5 The true Gaza back-story that the Israelis aren’t telling this week
iJobs Food & Drink
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...
Voluntary, reasonable expenses reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Are you keen on...
£33000 - £45000 per annum + 8% Bonus, pension: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: ...
£30K- £40K pa + Commision £10K + Benefits: Charter Selection: Rapidly expandin...