Wine:Something For The Weekend?
Saturday 23 August 2008
Under a Fiver
2007 Les Jamelles Viognier, Vin de Pays d'Oc
This floral, southern French viognier shows ripe-pear fruitiness, which at this price makes it the perfect everyday dry white.
£3.99, down from £5.49, till tomorrow, Co-op stores
Under a Tenner
2005 Cordier Bordeaux Grand Vin Prestige Merlot Cabernet Sauvignon
This is a surprisingly approachable merlot-based red Bordeaux in which the mocha oak undertones balance the savoury acidity.
£7.49, down from £9.99, to 11 Sept, Morrisons
Ayala Brut Champagne
Make a bigger splash this weekend with bubbles of the champagne kind and this stylish, toasty, bruised-apple fizz from the excellent Ayala.
£24.99, buy 6 = £18.74, to 31 Aug, Marks & Spencer
Life & Style blogs
Husband creates spreadsheet detailing wife's 'excuses' for turning down sex
UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
Why do we have blood types?
Xiaomi Mi4: 'Chinese Apple' launches flagship mobile to challenge iPhone
- 1 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 2 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media
- 3 Israel-Gaza conflict: The myth of Hamas’s human shields
- 4 Amy Winehouse unpublished 2004 interview: ‘Ten years from now I’ll be 30, so I’ll maybe have one baby’
- 5 Dutch paedophile club to fight their ban at the European Court of Human Rights
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...