Food & Drink: Bake a red hot chilli waffle: Recipe
Saturday 23 October 1993
Ms Moss will receive a bottle of Maker's Mark sourmash bourbon made in Loretto, Kentucky.
Sweetcorn Waffles with Red Chilli Butter
Ingredients: 8oz (225g)
strong white flour
1-3tsp honey or sugar
2tsp baking powder
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
3/4 tsp salt
12oz (335g) medium-ground cornmeal
8fl oz (225ml) milk
4fl oz (115ml) yoghurt
3fl oz (85ml) vegetable oil
6oz (170g) fresh or frozen sweetcorn
Chilli butter: 3oz (85g) unsalted butter at room temperature
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1tsp mild chilli powder
1/4 tsp ground cumin
pinch dried oregano
1tbs olive oil
1tsp chopped coriander
salt to taste
Preparation: Combine chilli butter ingredients and reserve. Combine all of the waffle ingredients except the sweetcorn, mix well, then add sweetcorn. Spoon batter on to a well-heated waffle iron and bake until golden brown. Serve immediately with chilli butter.
Next week, the first of our recipes for wet weather food. Those whose recipes we print will receive a bottle of Rockford Basket Press Shiraz 1990 from Barossa Valley, South Australia, supplied by Reid Wines of Hallatrow, near Bristol.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
- 5 Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker
iJobs Food & Drink
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...