Food & Drink: Good wine buys
Leasingham Hutt Creek Sauvignon Blanc 1992 ( pounds 4.19, Oddbins). Another good-value Australian sauvignon blanc with typical herbaceous aromas, a hint of sauvignon and good, full-bodied fruit ripeness.
Domaine de Grandchamp Sauvignon Blanc 1992 ( pounds 5.95, Sainsbury's). This is the best vintage of Bergerac sauvignon from Nick Ryman (Hugh's father) that I have tasted. Closer to Loire in style than Bordeaux, it is pungently grassy and more penetratingly gooseberryish. A class act.
Chablis 1992 Cuvee Christian Race ( pounds 4.99, Tesco). Crisp, dry, elegant, refreshing chablis. Just reduced by Tesco from pounds 5.99, which makes this a bargain. Domaine Barthes 1992 Syrah Coteaux du Languedoc ( pounds 4.59, Thresher, Wine Rack, Bottoms Up). Youthful, succulent, smoky, raspberry syrah, ideal for lamb chops and balmy evening barbecues.
Fizz of the month: Deutz Marlborough Cuvee Brut ( pounds 10.99, Tesco). Bang on form again after a dip in quality last year, this top pinot noir-based New Zealand sparkler explodes with creamy, elegant, tangy fruit.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 A politically correct lefty goes to see Top Gear live – you'll probably believe what happened next
- 3 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 4 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 5 Snoop Dogg on why he doesn't regret displaying misogyny towards women
iJobs Food & Drink
£24K + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Events Coordinator ...
Salary 42,000: Royal Yachting Association Cymru Wales: The CEO is responsible ...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...