Food & Drink: Good wine buys
Leasingham Hutt Creek Sauvignon Blanc 1992 ( pounds 4.19, Oddbins). Another good-value Australian sauvignon blanc with typical herbaceous aromas, a hint of sauvignon and good, full-bodied fruit ripeness.
Domaine de Grandchamp Sauvignon Blanc 1992 ( pounds 5.95, Sainsbury's). This is the best vintage of Bergerac sauvignon from Nick Ryman (Hugh's father) that I have tasted. Closer to Loire in style than Bordeaux, it is pungently grassy and more penetratingly gooseberryish. A class act.
Chablis 1992 Cuvee Christian Race ( pounds 4.99, Tesco). Crisp, dry, elegant, refreshing chablis. Just reduced by Tesco from pounds 5.99, which makes this a bargain. Domaine Barthes 1992 Syrah Coteaux du Languedoc ( pounds 4.59, Thresher, Wine Rack, Bottoms Up). Youthful, succulent, smoky, raspberry syrah, ideal for lamb chops and balmy evening barbecues.
Fizz of the month: Deutz Marlborough Cuvee Brut ( pounds 10.99, Tesco). Bang on form again after a dip in quality last year, this top pinot noir-based New Zealand sparkler explodes with creamy, elegant, tangy fruit.
Life & Style blogs
Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Boxing Day sales: From Asos to Harrods, the best fashion deals
Victoria Beckham's clothing sales double to £30 million in one year
Relate prepares for New Year spike in calls as relationships feel festive strain
- 1 The Boy in the Dress, TV review: David Walliams' Boxing Day treat is a celebration of being different
- 2 Exclusive: Abusers using spyware apps to monitor partners reaches 'epidemic proportions'
- 3 Andy Murray takes to Twitter to show off his Christmas jumper
- 4 Katie Hopkins speaks out on childhood obesity: 'Parents of fat children should be prosecuted for child cruelty'
- 5 Top 10 travel destinations for 2015: From Haiti and Alaska to Namibia and Iceland
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...