Food & Drink: Recipe - Fooling with fruit
Saturday 03 July 1993
Raspberry and Rose Fool
Ingredients: 2tbs icing sugar
1lb (450g) raspberries
8fl oz (235ml) whipping cream
4-5fl oz (120-150ml) double cream
Preparation: Puree 3tbs raspberries and push through a sieve. Sugar the rest of the raspberries with 1tbs sifted icing sugar. To the puree, add 1tbs sifted icing sugar, whipping cream and double cream. Whisk until fluffy. Fold in the sugared fruit with any juice. Mix in gently 1tbs rosewater. Check flavour and adjust. Chill and serve in individual glasses.
Next week we begin our series on cold pasta salads. Send your recipes (with sources if not original) to: Emily Green, Recipe, Weekend Features, The Independent, 40 City Road, London EC1Y 2DB. The prize will be a copy of Summer Cooking by Elizabeth David.
Life & Style blogs
Why you should never make assumptions about people with autism
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
Sugary drinks are killing 184,000 adults around the world every year, says study
Optical illusion turns blue demon into brunette
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Isis propaganda video shows 25 Syrian soldiers executed by teenage militants in Palmyra
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 4 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
- 5 German man found living with 300 rats in tiny apartment
iJobs Food & Drink
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To support their continued grow...
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...