Food & Drink: Recipe - Fooling with fruit
Saturday 03 July 1993
Raspberry and Rose Fool
Ingredients: 2tbs icing sugar
1lb (450g) raspberries
8fl oz (235ml) whipping cream
4-5fl oz (120-150ml) double cream
Preparation: Puree 3tbs raspberries and push through a sieve. Sugar the rest of the raspberries with 1tbs sifted icing sugar. To the puree, add 1tbs sifted icing sugar, whipping cream and double cream. Whisk until fluffy. Fold in the sugared fruit with any juice. Mix in gently 1tbs rosewater. Check flavour and adjust. Chill and serve in individual glasses.
Next week we begin our series on cold pasta salads. Send your recipes (with sources if not original) to: Emily Green, Recipe, Weekend Features, The Independent, 40 City Road, London EC1Y 2DB. The prize will be a copy of Summer Cooking by Elizabeth David.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Easter egg hunt horror as mother finds dead body under deck of house
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Unbeliebable: The White House offer 'no comment' to anti-Justin Bieber petition
- 4 Loch Ness Monster found on Apple Maps?
- 5 How We Met: Alison Moyet & Emma Kennedy: 'I knew we'd be friends because she was happy to make a prat of herself'
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: There are many small development projects in ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: If you have a passion for elephants and want ...