Food & Drink: Recipe - Fooling with fruit
Saturday 03 July 1993
Raspberry and Rose Fool
Ingredients: 2tbs icing sugar
1lb (450g) raspberries
8fl oz (235ml) whipping cream
4-5fl oz (120-150ml) double cream
Preparation: Puree 3tbs raspberries and push through a sieve. Sugar the rest of the raspberries with 1tbs sifted icing sugar. To the puree, add 1tbs sifted icing sugar, whipping cream and double cream. Whisk until fluffy. Fold in the sugared fruit with any juice. Mix in gently 1tbs rosewater. Check flavour and adjust. Chill and serve in individual glasses.
Next week we begin our series on cold pasta salads. Send your recipes (with sources if not original) to: Emily Green, Recipe, Weekend Features, The Independent, 40 City Road, London EC1Y 2DB. The prize will be a copy of Summer Cooking by Elizabeth David.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
- 3 I might be an MP, but that doesn't stop me fighting sexism with my breasts
- 4 April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
iJobs Food & Drink
£12500 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This established Wakefield Deal...
Competitive (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: our .NET Developers / Software Dev...
£25,000 - £30,000: Sheridan Maine: Are you looking for a fantastic opportunity...
£25000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Management Accountant - Manchester...