French macarons get runway makeover for fashion week
Wednesday 14 September 2011
Gift boxes at luxury macaron boutique
Laduree have undergone a makeover with the help of British fashion designer Matthew Williamson.
The limited edition boxes - designed in his signature kaleidoscopic, graphic style - will be available in London during London Fashion Week starting September 16 before moving across the channel to the pastry shop's home to coincide with Paris Fashion Week September 27.
A box of eight macarons - light airy cookies made with egg whites, sugar, ground almond powder and ganache filling - costs €15. 60.
Williamson has similarly redesigned bottles for Coca-Cola, dressing their iconic glasses in tropical parrot packaging.
Krispy Kreme in the UK also launched a ‘bespoke' collection of strawberry and orange glazed donuts in association with Glamour magazine especially for London Fashion Week this month.
Life & Style blogs
Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
Boxing Day sales: From Asos to Harrods, the best fashion deals
Healthy living could have prevented half a million cancer cases over last five years
The food fad that's starving Bolivia
Christmas 2014: Jesus was not born in a stable, says theologian
- 1 PlayStation and Xbox hacked by Lizard Squad
- 2 Christmas comes early to Hong Kong, as millions of bank notes spill out onto busy street
- 3 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 4 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
- 5 Vagina canoe artist defends herself over ‘obscenity’ charges
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...