French macarons get runway makeover for fashion week
Wednesday 14 September 2011
Gift boxes at luxury macaron boutique
Laduree have undergone a makeover with the help of British fashion designer Matthew Williamson.
The limited edition boxes - designed in his signature kaleidoscopic, graphic style - will be available in London during London Fashion Week starting September 16 before moving across the channel to the pastry shop's home to coincide with Paris Fashion Week September 27.
A box of eight macarons - light airy cookies made with egg whites, sugar, ground almond powder and ganache filling - costs €15. 60.
Williamson has similarly redesigned bottles for Coca-Cola, dressing their iconic glasses in tropical parrot packaging.
Krispy Kreme in the UK also launched a ‘bespoke' collection of strawberry and orange glazed donuts in association with Glamour magazine especially for London Fashion Week this month.
Life & Style blogs
The difference between a psychopath and a sociopath
Prostate cancer could actually be five different diseases, say scientists
Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge price to be slashed after disappointing sales
NHS treatments such as vasectomies and hip operations to be rationed because of cost-cutting
Hermes responds to Jane Birkin’s request to drop her name from the iconic handbag
- 1 Top Gear team of Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May officially heading to Amazon Prime for new car show
- 2 Stuart Baggs: Apprentice star 'The Brand' found dead aged 27
- 3 How to cancel Amazon Prime: after Top Gear hiring, how to leave premium service
- 4 Tesco scraps 'unexpected item in the bagging area' as self-checkouts switch to less 'frustrating' audio
- 5 Living in Spain and commuting to London 'cheaper than actually working in London'
iJobs Food & Drink
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Product Manager / Product Owner is required to jo...
£25k plus Benefits: Guru Careers: A Carpenter and Maintenance Operator is need...
£17600 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum cares for one of the largest...
£12500 - £24500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Drivers wanted for a family run...