French macarons get runway makeover for fashion week
Wednesday 14 September 2011
Gift boxes at luxury macaron boutique
Laduree have undergone a makeover with the help of British fashion designer Matthew Williamson.
The limited edition boxes - designed in his signature kaleidoscopic, graphic style - will be available in London during London Fashion Week starting September 16 before moving across the channel to the pastry shop's home to coincide with Paris Fashion Week September 27.
A box of eight macarons - light airy cookies made with egg whites, sugar, ground almond powder and ganache filling - costs €15. 60.
Williamson has similarly redesigned bottles for Coca-Cola, dressing their iconic glasses in tropical parrot packaging.
Krispy Kreme in the UK also launched a ‘bespoke' collection of strawberry and orange glazed donuts in association with Glamour magazine especially for London Fashion Week this month.
Life & Style blogs
GTA 5 Online DLC: San Andreas Flight School update brings 16-seater jet plane and more
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
David Beckham fronts the campaign for his underwear autumn/winter collection, which hit stores today
London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
NHS patients to be seen by 'doctors on the cheap'
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 4 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...