French macarons get runway makeover for fashion week
Wednesday 14 September 2011
Gift boxes at luxury macaron boutique
Laduree have undergone a makeover with the help of British fashion designer Matthew Williamson.
The limited edition boxes - designed in his signature kaleidoscopic, graphic style - will be available in London during London Fashion Week starting September 16 before moving across the channel to the pastry shop's home to coincide with Paris Fashion Week September 27.
A box of eight macarons - light airy cookies made with egg whites, sugar, ground almond powder and ganache filling - costs €15. 60.
Williamson has similarly redesigned bottles for Coca-Cola, dressing their iconic glasses in tropical parrot packaging.
Krispy Kreme in the UK also launched a ‘bespoke' collection of strawberry and orange glazed donuts in association with Glamour magazine especially for London Fashion Week this month.
Life & Style blogs
The best Oscar dresses of all time
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
Google Plus might be dead, as ‘Streams’ and ‘Photos’ take its place
Mother's Day 2015: When is it – and how did it first come about?
Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge launch and review: wireless charging and new case see Samsung ready to take on Apple's iPhone
- 1 End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
- 2 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 Dakota Johnson's 'It's only Isis' Saturday Night Live sketch sparks controversy
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
iJobs Food & Drink
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: Qualified Lifeguards are required to join a fa...
£19000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Based in South Kensington, this prestigi...
£40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A reputable organisation within the leisure i...
£25000 - £33000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Partner is required to ...