Heart attack on a plate?
Saturday 01 May 2010
Just about anything from ThisIsWhyYoureFat.com, a companion site to the book described as "junk food porn," could up your risk of a heart attack but the latest sandwich circulating the web is only for those with ironclad stomachs.
Coming in at 900 calories, inspired by the Luther Burger, a ThisIsWhyYoureFat.com creation that has a burger sandwiched between two glazed donuts, meet the Luther Fried Chicken Double Down - a combination of Krispy Kreme glazed donut and Kentucky Fried Chicken's new Double Down sandwich.
The Double Down sandwich has already garnered a great deal of attention and finds itself in the spotlight yet again. The original was supposed to be a no bun, extra protein option but the Luther takes all of that and slices a Krispy Kreme glazed donut down the middle and places the Double Down inside with extra sauce.
On April 23, TopCultured.com, a pop culture and humor blog, explains the Luther Fried Chicken Double Down ($6.09?/€4.48) in eight easy steps:
Step 1: Hit up the the KFC and Krispy Kreme conveniently located in the same parking lot
Step 2: Purchase KFC Double Down and Krispy Kreme Glazed Doughnut through the drive-thru (no need burning calories when you'll be consuming so many)
Step 3: Speed home in delight with your treasures
Step 4: Slice glazed doughnut in half and invert
Step 5: Remove Double Down and place on bottom "bun"
Step 6: Add extra Colonel's Sauce and add top "bun"
Step 7: Consume the wonder that is the Luther Double
Step 8: Have a mouth-gasm!
For an illustrated guide and other fast food combo platters like:
- Taco Bell's Nacho Cheesy Blackjack Volcano Gordita Crunch $1.90 (€1.43)
- McDonald's Big McSausage Egg Surf & Turf Mac $7.71 (€5.79)
- Burger King's Double Bacon Rodeo State Fair Cheeseburger $4.11 (€3.08)
- Arby's Every Animal on the Farm Sandwich $7.42 (€5.57)
- Long John Silver's Deep-fried Bottom of the Sea Wrap $10.65 (€7.99)
Life & Style blogs
Surgeon backs 'good death' plans - and reveals his own
Britain's kitchens so filthy that they present a health risk, says new research
NHS hit by stealth cuts of £2bn as tariffs received for medical procedures are reduced
How to survive a social-media mauling, by the tough women of Twitter
KickassTorrents down: new Isle of Man domain taken offline just hours after launch
- 1 I've been called an abusive and dangerous parent, when all I did was listen to my transgender child
- 2 Smartphones are making children borderline autistic, says psychiatrist
- 3 Why this father didn’t hide his daughter’s heroin overdose in her obituary
- 4 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 5 Teaching profession headed for crisis as numbers continue to drop and working lives become 'unbearable'
iJobs Food & Drink
£35 - 45k: Guru Careers: An MI Developer is needed to join the leading provide...
£20000 - £22500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This leisure organisation manag...
£25000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Delivering an inspiring, engagi...
£17500 - £20500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are looking for a great te...