Heart attack on a plate?
Saturday 01 May 2010
Just about anything from ThisIsWhyYoureFat.com, a companion site to the book described as "junk food porn," could up your risk of a heart attack but the latest sandwich circulating the web is only for those with ironclad stomachs.
Coming in at 900 calories, inspired by the Luther Burger, a ThisIsWhyYoureFat.com creation that has a burger sandwiched between two glazed donuts, meet the Luther Fried Chicken Double Down - a combination of Krispy Kreme glazed donut and Kentucky Fried Chicken's new Double Down sandwich.
The Double Down sandwich has already garnered a great deal of attention and finds itself in the spotlight yet again. The original was supposed to be a no bun, extra protein option but the Luther takes all of that and slices a Krispy Kreme glazed donut down the middle and places the Double Down inside with extra sauce.
On April 23, TopCultured.com, a pop culture and humor blog, explains the Luther Fried Chicken Double Down ($6.09?/€4.48) in eight easy steps:
Step 1: Hit up the the KFC and Krispy Kreme conveniently located in the same parking lot
Step 2: Purchase KFC Double Down and Krispy Kreme Glazed Doughnut through the drive-thru (no need burning calories when you'll be consuming so many)
Step 3: Speed home in delight with your treasures
Step 4: Slice glazed doughnut in half and invert
Step 5: Remove Double Down and place on bottom "bun"
Step 6: Add extra Colonel's Sauce and add top "bun"
Step 7: Consume the wonder that is the Luther Double
Step 8: Have a mouth-gasm!
For an illustrated guide and other fast food combo platters like:
- Taco Bell's Nacho Cheesy Blackjack Volcano Gordita Crunch $1.90 (€1.43)
- McDonald's Big McSausage Egg Surf & Turf Mac $7.71 (€5.79)
- Burger King's Double Bacon Rodeo State Fair Cheeseburger $4.11 (€3.08)
- Arby's Every Animal on the Farm Sandwich $7.42 (€5.57)
- Long John Silver's Deep-fried Bottom of the Sea Wrap $10.65 (€7.99)
Life & Style blogs
Watching TV after work makes you feel 'guilty and like a failure'
NHS medics are being lured away to Australia by more money, status and sunshine, survey suggests
Xiaomi Mi4: 'Chinese Apple' launches flagship mobile to challenge iPhone
Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
Condom couture: Latex dresses hit the catwalk to raise awareness for HIV and Aids
- 1 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 2 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 3 Satellite full of sexually experimental geckos adrift in space, Russia loses control of mission
- 4 Exclusive: Cameron’s Big Society in tatters as charity watchdog launches investigation into claims of Government funding misuse
- 5 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...