Hush-hush vodka and wine blend launched in Australia
Monday 19 September 2011
Swedish vodka maker Absolut is testing out a "sparkling fusion" of vodka and white wine in a limited trial run in Australia this month.
According to industry publication Decanter, the blend is 60 percent vodka and 40 percent Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc from wine producer Brancott Estate in New Zealand.
Absolut spokespeople kept tightlipped about the product, but a press release describes the blend as having "fresh tropical fruits with a balanced sweetness through the front and mid palate which is brought to life through the bubbles...with a persistent medium strength Absolut vodka flavour and balanced sweetness leading on to a dry finish," Decanter reported this week.
The newest addition to the Absolut range was launched in three bars in Sydney. Other unlikely vodka pairings that have taken off around the world include Cupcake Vodka and Ciroc vodka distilled using grapes.
Meanwhile, cooks.com's Sparking Sea-Breeze Punch calls for vodka, cranberry and grapefruit juice and a bottle of chilled sparkling wine.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Russell Brand accuses FOX News anchor Sean Hannity of terrorism after aggressive Israel-Gaza debate
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness – including don’t try to convert other people
- 3 Arturo Vidal to Manchester United: Midfielder set to force through move to Louis van Gaal's Red Devils - reports
- 4 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...