International auction house to retail wine
Tuesday 21 September 2010
On September 20, the renowned auction house Sotheby's launched an online retail wine store.
SothebysWine.com promises "the same exacting standards that we have used in our traditional auction business, with a focus on sourcing excellent wines, in pristine condition and from impeccable sources."
The new site is a change in Sotheby's business model as they "can now sell them directly to you, at a fixed price, in whatever quantity you would like and for immediate delivery."
Similar to go-to wine sites like Decanter.com, WineCommune.com and Snooth.com, SothebysWine.com offers a range of search criteria including ratings, varietals, vintage plus a unique section 'type' that lets you browse through kosher or biodynamic bottles even select wines produced by women.
To date, Christies.com does not have a retail wine section but you can bid live with a click. To see upcoming auctions, go to: https://www.christies.com/livebidding/index.aspx
To search Sotheby's cellars and set up an account, go to: http://www.sothebyswine.com/ or visit the physical retail store in New York City that opened on September 15.
Life & Style blogs
Miley Cyrus' VMA outfits spark copying controversy
Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
Overly-controlling parents cause their children lifelong psychological damage, says study
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 2 President Obama leaves touching comment on Humans of New York photo from Iran
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train
iJobs Food & Drink
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Marketing / Digital Marketing Executive (CRM, Eve...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: The role is likely to be 4on 4 off, days and ...
£25000 - £28000 per annum + 24 days holiday, bonus, etc.: Ashdown Group: Print...
£20000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in London, Manches...