International auction house to retail wine
Tuesday 21 September 2010
On September 20, the renowned auction house Sotheby's launched an online retail wine store.
SothebysWine.com promises "the same exacting standards that we have used in our traditional auction business, with a focus on sourcing excellent wines, in pristine condition and from impeccable sources."
The new site is a change in Sotheby's business model as they "can now sell them directly to you, at a fixed price, in whatever quantity you would like and for immediate delivery."
Similar to go-to wine sites like Decanter.com, WineCommune.com and Snooth.com, SothebysWine.com offers a range of search criteria including ratings, varietals, vintage plus a unique section 'type' that lets you browse through kosher or biodynamic bottles even select wines produced by women.
To date, Christies.com does not have a retail wine section but you can bid live with a click. To see upcoming auctions, go to: https://www.christies.com/livebidding/index.aspx
To search Sotheby's cellars and set up an account, go to: http://www.sothebyswine.com/ or visit the physical retail store in New York City that opened on September 15.
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Board creates magnetic field to achieve lift
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Salisbury ranked seventh-best city in the world to visit in Lonely Planet’s Best in Travel 2015
- 2 Disney announces new female-led film Moana
- 3 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
iJobs Food & Drink
£30 - 50k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a SCRUM Master to joi...
£13,520: Recruitment Genius: As this role can be customer facing at times, the...
£50000 - £60000 per annum: Sauce Recruitment: A successful entertainment, even...
£25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: A fantastic opportunity h...