International chain celebrates birthday with free frozen drinks
Monday 11 July 2011
An estimated five million Slurpee drinks will be given away free throughout the world on July 11 at 7-Eleven convenience stores to celebrate its 84th anniversary.
The store's signature drink, the Slurpee frozen slushy flavored beverage, will be served in a 7.11 ounce cup.
In an effort to spread the word about the free offer, 7-Eleven has used social media sites Twitter and Facebook to gather 3.7 million fans. The Twitter accounts are at @7eleven and @slurpee.
With 39,000 outlets, 7-Eleven stores are located in 18 countries including Japan, the Philippines, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Malaysia, Thailand, Australia, Scandinavia, and North America.
Every spring, US-based ice cream chain Ben & Jerry's has a free ice cream cone day. Their Ben & Jerry's sccop shops give away one million free cones a year in partnership with different charitable organizations in an international event taking place in 27 countries around the world.
On the Slurpee website, a downloadable party hat can be printed for the occasion.
Life & Style blogs
Airline food across the classes: Ever wondered what the other half are eating?
Coachella Festival 2015: from Kendall Jenner to Alexa Chung, stars and festival-goers parade their boho best
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
1 in 3 women will get bacterial vaginosis but are unlikely to know what it is
Alzheimer's breakthrough: Scientists may have found potential cause of the disease in the behaviour of immune cells - giving new hope to millions
- 1 Alan Rickman admits editing 'terrible' script with friends in Pizza Hut behind backs of writers on Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby of them all could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 3 Professional big game hunter Ian Gibson crushed to death by elephant during hunt
- 4 Farmer told to tear down mock-Tudor castle after hiding construction behind hay bales
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
iJobs Food & Drink
£24000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in Manchester, Lon...
Competitive (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a number of Marketi...
£20000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This well established business ...
£25000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Management Accountant - Manchester...