IT'S THAT GINGER PUDDING AGAIN
Saturday 18 February 1995
Ingredients: 110g (4oz) plain flour
110g (4oz) suet
110g (4oz) fresh breadcrumbs
1/2tbs ground ginger
1/2tbs mixed spice
1tsp baking powder
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
175g (6oz) preserved stem ginger, coarsely chopped, plus 2 or 3tbs ginger syrup from the jar
225g (8oz) golden syrup
275ml (1/2 pint) milk
pinch of salt
Preparation: Mix together the 7 dry ingredients in a bowl. Warm the milk and stem ginger with its syrup and beat into the dry ingredients together with the egg. Add the salt and mix well.
Grease a 2-pint pudding basin with butter and pour into it about half of the syrup, adding the remainder to the pudding mixture. Then move the bowl around, so that the syrup travels up the sides. This gives an all- round golden coating to the pudding.
Now quickly add the pudding mixture (so that the hanging syrup does not run back again), cover with buttered foil and then steam for 2 hours. Serve with very cold thick cream.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
- 2 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Rashida Jones speaks out against male-centric porn saying 'women should have sex and feel good about it'
iJobs Food & Drink
£30000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a great opportunity for...
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
£26 - 35k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Email Marketing Specialist is needed to join...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity to join a is a...