Japanese chef scoops top award in London
Monday 16 November 2009
Tomoyuki Abe of Japanese restaurant chain Sushizen was named best chef at a sushi awards ceremony in London late Saturday.
The Eat-Japan Sushi Awards 2009 featured seven of the world's best sushi chefs preparing their favourite dishes. Invited guests then tasted the foods before picking the winner through a ballot.
The event, described by organisers as "the Oscars of the sushi world", was won last year by Mitsunori Kusakabe of the Sushi Ran restaurant in California, United States.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Michelle Rodriguez: Fast & Furious actor apologises after telling 'minorities' to stop taking on 'white' roles
- 2 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face the death penalty
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
iJobs Food & Drink
£12500 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This established Knaresborough ...
£23,000: Beverley James: Do you have a background in hospitality and are you l...
£26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The post holder is a key member of the V...
£18000 - £28800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Vehicle Breakdown Recovery Driv...