Kate Middleton jelly bean expected to fetch £500
Monday 18 April 2011
He's shown off his Kate Middleton jelly bean to the world and now a British man is hoping to fetch a pretty penny for the confectionery on eBay.
[ A faked url for this story has been circulated widely. Please read an explanation and our apology here.]
The yellow jelly bean speckled in the faint shape of the future princess of England has been making rounds on the internet with split screen photos comparing the two: long flowing hair, a faint grin and discernable facial features are stippled in a pattern of red dots.
In an interview with Britain's The Daily Telegraph, Wesley Hosie, 25, said he was tucking into a bag of jelly beans from The Jelly Bean Factory with his girlfriend Jessica White when he immediately noticed Kate's face in the candy.
"As Jessica opened the jar, I saw her immediately. She was literally lying there staring back at me," he told the paper last week.
The bean has yet to appear on eBay but royal watchers are sure to be keeping an eye out. Hosie, a trainee accountant, said he plans to sell it for £500 (€567).
In 2004, a decade-old grilled cheese sandwich bearing the likeness of the Virgin Mary sold for $28,000.
Life & Style blogs
The Evil Within preview: a survival horror fan’s best worst nightmare
Porn film production likely to stop after performer tests positive for HIV
Ice Bucket Challenge: ALS Association doesn't yet know what to do with all of the money raised
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
iPhone 6 'release date' firmed up in leaked photos of Apple smartphone
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 4 George Galloway attacked on Notting Hill street by man 'shouting about the holocaust'
- 5 Brother and sister, Christopher Buckner and Timothy Savoy, arrested for 'committing incest after watching 'The Notebook''
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...
£18k + Uncapped Commission (£60k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Graduate Sales Exe...
£25 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Web Developer / Software Developer is needed ...
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...