Kate Middleton jelly bean expected to fetch £500
Monday 18 April 2011
He's shown off his Kate Middleton jelly bean to the world and now a British man is hoping to fetch a pretty penny for the confectionery on eBay.
[ A faked url for this story has been circulated widely. Please read an explanation and our apology here.]
The yellow jelly bean speckled in the faint shape of the future princess of England has been making rounds on the internet with split screen photos comparing the two: long flowing hair, a faint grin and discernable facial features are stippled in a pattern of red dots.
In an interview with Britain's The Daily Telegraph, Wesley Hosie, 25, said he was tucking into a bag of jelly beans from The Jelly Bean Factory with his girlfriend Jessica White when he immediately noticed Kate's face in the candy.
"As Jessica opened the jar, I saw her immediately. She was literally lying there staring back at me," he told the paper last week.
The bean has yet to appear on eBay but royal watchers are sure to be keeping an eye out. Hosie, a trainee accountant, said he plans to sell it for £500 (€567).
In 2004, a decade-old grilled cheese sandwich bearing the likeness of the Virgin Mary sold for $28,000.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 2 UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
- 3 Fight Club 2: Chuck Palahniuk sequel is a 'meta-fictional comment on the cultural response to the original'
- 4 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 5 Israel-Gaza conflict: Deadly flechette shells 'used by Israeli military in Gaza Strip’
iJobs Food & Drink
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...