Kate Middleton jelly bean expected to fetch £500
Monday 18 April 2011
He's shown off his Kate Middleton jelly bean to the world and now a British man is hoping to fetch a pretty penny for the confectionery on eBay.
[ A faked url for this story has been circulated widely. Please read an explanation and our apology here.]
The yellow jelly bean speckled in the faint shape of the future princess of England has been making rounds on the internet with split screen photos comparing the two: long flowing hair, a faint grin and discernable facial features are stippled in a pattern of red dots.
In an interview with Britain's The Daily Telegraph, Wesley Hosie, 25, said he was tucking into a bag of jelly beans from The Jelly Bean Factory with his girlfriend Jessica White when he immediately noticed Kate's face in the candy.
"As Jessica opened the jar, I saw her immediately. She was literally lying there staring back at me," he told the paper last week.
The bean has yet to appear on eBay but royal watchers are sure to be keeping an eye out. Hosie, a trainee accountant, said he plans to sell it for £500 (€567).
In 2004, a decade-old grilled cheese sandwich bearing the likeness of the Virgin Mary sold for $28,000.
Life & Style blogs
Kanye West's Yeezy Boost trainers: All you need to know ahead of the UK launch
Majority of UK women don't bathe or take a shower daily
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
Brit Awards 2015: Red carpet round up, from Paloma Faith to Ed Sheeran
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 1 Scarlett Johansson new band 'already hit with legal complaint' from another The Singles
- 2 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 3 What color is The Dress, white and gold or blue and black? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
iJobs Food & Drink
£12500 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This established Knaresborough ...
£23,000: Beverley James: Do you have a background in hospitality and are you l...
£26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The post holder is a key member of the V...
£18000 - £28800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Vehicle Breakdown Recovery Driv...