Kate Middleton jelly bean expected to fetch £500
Monday 18 April 2011
He's shown off his Kate Middleton jelly bean to the world and now a British man is hoping to fetch a pretty penny for the confectionery on eBay.
[ A faked url for this story has been circulated widely. Please read an explanation and our apology here.]
The yellow jelly bean speckled in the faint shape of the future princess of England has been making rounds on the internet with split screen photos comparing the two: long flowing hair, a faint grin and discernable facial features are stippled in a pattern of red dots.
In an interview with Britain's The Daily Telegraph, Wesley Hosie, 25, said he was tucking into a bag of jelly beans from The Jelly Bean Factory with his girlfriend Jessica White when he immediately noticed Kate's face in the candy.
"As Jessica opened the jar, I saw her immediately. She was literally lying there staring back at me," he told the paper last week.
The bean has yet to appear on eBay but royal watchers are sure to be keeping an eye out. Hosie, a trainee accountant, said he plans to sell it for £500 (€567).
In 2004, a decade-old grilled cheese sandwich bearing the likeness of the Virgin Mary sold for $28,000.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Data Management & ...