McDonald's recalls 12m drinking glasses
Friday 04 June 2010
Fast food giant McDonald's is to recall 12 million drinking glasses in the United States over fears that they could be toxic.
The 16 oz (454g) glasses were available in four designs promoting the launch of the new Shrek movie and could contain cadmium, according to US media reports.
The US Consumer Product Safety Commission warned consumers to stop using the glasses immediately because of fears that the metal could leach from the paint onto children's hands and be ingested if the child then put their hands in their mouth.
It has not been confirmed whether the glasses were available in Canada or other territories.
Cadmium is known to damage the liver, kidneys, lungs, nervous system and brain, although the warnings were related to long-term exposure.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 A daily walk 'can add seven years to your life'
- 2 Rules on 5p plastic bags likely to lead to arguments at the check-out
- 3 Chrissie Hynde says women who 'wear high heels and dress provocatively entice rapists'
- 4 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
- 5 News agency criticised for describing Amal Clooney as 'actor's wife' in coverage of human rights trial
iJobs Food & Drink
£26000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Product Development departm...
£23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Visitor Fundraising Team is responsi...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£30000 - £34000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Estates Team of this group ...