McDonald's recalls 12m drinking glasses
Friday 04 June 2010
Fast food giant McDonald's is to recall 12 million drinking glasses in the United States over fears that they could be toxic.
The 16 oz (454g) glasses were available in four designs promoting the launch of the new Shrek movie and could contain cadmium, according to US media reports.
The US Consumer Product Safety Commission warned consumers to stop using the glasses immediately because of fears that the metal could leach from the paint onto children's hands and be ingested if the child then put their hands in their mouth.
It has not been confirmed whether the glasses were available in Canada or other territories.
Cadmium is known to damage the liver, kidneys, lungs, nervous system and brain, although the warnings were related to long-term exposure.
Life & Style blogs
Husband creates spreadsheet detailing wife's 'excuses' for turning down sex
UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
Why do we have blood types?
Xiaomi Mi4: 'Chinese Apple' launches flagship mobile to challenge iPhone
- 1 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 2 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media
- 3 Israel-Gaza conflict: The myth of Hamas’s human shields
- 4 Amy Winehouse unpublished 2004 interview: ‘Ten years from now I’ll be 30, so I’ll maybe have one baby’
- 5 Dutch paedophile club to fight their ban at the European Court of Human Rights
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...