McDonald's recalls 12m drinking glasses
Friday 04 June 2010
Fast food giant McDonald's is to recall 12 million drinking glasses in the United States over fears that they could be toxic.
The 16 oz (454g) glasses were available in four designs promoting the launch of the new Shrek movie and could contain cadmium, according to US media reports.
The US Consumer Product Safety Commission warned consumers to stop using the glasses immediately because of fears that the metal could leach from the paint onto children's hands and be ingested if the child then put their hands in their mouth.
It has not been confirmed whether the glasses were available in Canada or other territories.
Cadmium is known to damage the liver, kidneys, lungs, nervous system and brain, although the warnings were related to long-term exposure.
Lincoln MP Karl McCartney 'denied all knowledge' of the Twitter activity
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 5C could be killed next year, and Apple’s cheap and cheerful line might die with it
Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
Coke milk? Coca-Cola to launch premium milk brand called Fairlife
Black Friday: Best fashion deals -online and on the high-street
UK's first plus-size fashion magazine Slink hits the shelves: 'Style doesn't stop at size 8'
- 1 Exodus Gods and Kings: Ridley Scott never considered casting 'Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such' in lead role
- 2 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Obama: The only people with the right to object to immigration are Native Americans
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £60000 per annum + £100,000 OTE: h2 Recruit Ltd: Birmingham, Derby, L...
£55000 - £65000 per annum: Investigo: My client, a global leader in their fiel...
£45000 - £52000 per annum + bonus+bens : Investigo: My client, a global leader...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits : Investigo: One of the fastest growing g...