McDonald's recalls 12m drinking glasses
Friday 04 June 2010
Fast food giant McDonald's is to recall 12 million drinking glasses in the United States over fears that they could be toxic.
The 16 oz (454g) glasses were available in four designs promoting the launch of the new Shrek movie and could contain cadmium, according to US media reports.
The US Consumer Product Safety Commission warned consumers to stop using the glasses immediately because of fears that the metal could leach from the paint onto children's hands and be ingested if the child then put their hands in their mouth.
It has not been confirmed whether the glasses were available in Canada or other territories.
Cadmium is known to damage the liver, kidneys, lungs, nervous system and brain, although the warnings were related to long-term exposure.
Sales of the tablet are set to fall again, say analysts
Met Police confirm there was a 'minor disturbance' and that no-one was arrested
George Lucas criticises the major Hollywood film studios
Does Chris Grayling realise what a vague concept he is dealing with?
Trend which requires crisps, a fork and a strong stomach is sweeping Mexico's streets
Parties threaten resort's image as a family destination
I Am Bread could actually be a challenging and nuanced title
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Indian footballer Peter Biaksangzuala dies after injuring spine doing somersault celebration
- 2 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 3 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake report claiming that the street artist's identity has been revealed
- 4 Drink alcohol and eat meat to improve male fertility - but cut down on coffee, studies suggest
- 5 Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
iJobs Food & Drink
£30 - 50k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a SCRUM Master to joi...
£13,520: Recruitment Genius: As this role can be customer facing at times, the...
£50000 - £60000 per annum: Sauce Recruitment: A successful entertainment, even...
£25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: A fantastic opportunity h...