McDonald's recalls 12m drinking glasses
Friday 04 June 2010
Fast food giant McDonald's is to recall 12 million drinking glasses in the United States over fears that they could be toxic.
The 16 oz (454g) glasses were available in four designs promoting the launch of the new Shrek movie and could contain cadmium, according to US media reports.
The US Consumer Product Safety Commission warned consumers to stop using the glasses immediately because of fears that the metal could leach from the paint onto children's hands and be ingested if the child then put their hands in their mouth.
It has not been confirmed whether the glasses were available in Canada or other territories.
Cadmium is known to damage the liver, kidneys, lungs, nervous system and brain, although the warnings were related to long-term exposure.
Life & Style blogs
NHS struggling to monitor the safety and efficacy of its services outsourced to private providers
Airline food across the classes: Ever wondered what the other half are eating?
Coachella Festival 2015: from Kendall Jenner to Alexa Chung, stars and festival-goers parade their boho best
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Huawei P8 review: best phones nobody's seen from the biggest company nobody's heard
- 1 Alan Rickman admits editing 'terrible' script with friends in Pizza Hut behind backs of writers on Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby of them all could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 3 Professional big game hunter Ian Gibson crushed to death by elephant during hunt
- 4 Farmer told to tear down mock-Tudor castle after hiding construction behind hay bales
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
iJobs Food & Drink
£24000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in Manchester, Lon...
Competitive (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a number of Marketi...
£20000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This well established business ...
£25000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Management Accountant - Manchester...