Munich beer festival ups prices for 200th edition
Saturday 29 May 2010
Germany's world-famous Oktoberfest beer festival said Wednesday that it has upped the price for its huge mugs of amber nectar to almost nine euros for this year's 200th anniversary event.
A "Mass" ("measure") of beer, a litre, will cost between 8.30 euros and 8.90 euros at the event in the southern German city of Munich from September 18 to October 4, up from between 8.10 euros and 8.60 euros last year.
Last year the festival attracted 5.7 million visitors from around the world, down from six million in 2008 because of the recession, consuming between them 6.5 million litres of beer.
This year's edition will be one day longer than usual and feature a historic reconstruction of the festival in former centuries including an old Oktoberfest tent and twice-daily horse races.
Life & Style blogs
Penis size study: what's 'normal' anyway?
Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
Penis size: is there a correlation with sexual satisfaction? A scientific look
Majority of UK women don't bathe or take a shower daily
- 1 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 2 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 3 The 'sex selfie stick' lets you FaceTime the inside of a vagina
- 4 Adam Levine's biggest fan had a panic attack upon meeting him, so the singer laid down on the floor to get a photo with him
- 5 Why you're almost certainly more like your father than your mother
iJobs Food & Drink
£17000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Due to the consistent growth of...
£18000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity exists for an ex...
£20000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity exists for an ou...
£18000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...