Munich beer festival ups prices for 200th edition
Saturday 29 May 2010
Germany's world-famous Oktoberfest beer festival said Wednesday that it has upped the price for its huge mugs of amber nectar to almost nine euros for this year's 200th anniversary event.
A "Mass" ("measure") of beer, a litre, will cost between 8.30 euros and 8.90 euros at the event in the southern German city of Munich from September 18 to October 4, up from between 8.10 euros and 8.60 euros last year.
Last year the festival attracted 5.7 million visitors from around the world, down from six million in 2008 because of the recession, consuming between them 6.5 million litres of beer.
This year's edition will be one day longer than usual and feature a historic reconstruction of the festival in former centuries including an old Oktoberfest tent and twice-daily horse races.
Life & Style blogs
How Old Do I Look: Microsoft’s super advanced age-guessing app is terrible at guessing how old celebrities are, too
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
The 12 most sexually satisfied countries in the world revealed
Nasa might have successfully tested a warp drive that could carry people at speeds approaching that of light
ZX Spectrum to return with Vega reboot
- 1 Indonesia executions: Death row British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford will refuse to wear a blindfold when she faces firing squad
- 2 The man who filmed the Freddie Gray video has been arrested at gunpoint
- 3 How the language you speak changes your view of the world
- 4 Tory activist asked to step down after Labour candidate Rupa Huq is 'manhandled' while questioning Boris Johnson on the campaign trail
- 5 Uploading pictures to find out how old you are gives Microsoft the right to post them wherever they want
iJobs Food & Drink
£24800 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: As one of London's leading Muse...
£14000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£28 - 45k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Accountant is needed to take control of the ...
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This hotel in Chadderton is a p...