Munich beer festival ups prices for 200th edition
Saturday 29 May 2010
Germany's world-famous Oktoberfest beer festival said Wednesday that it has upped the price for its huge mugs of amber nectar to almost nine euros for this year's 200th anniversary event.
A "Mass" ("measure") of beer, a litre, will cost between 8.30 euros and 8.90 euros at the event in the southern German city of Munich from September 18 to October 4, up from between 8.10 euros and 8.60 euros last year.
Last year the festival attracted 5.7 million visitors from around the world, down from six million in 2008 because of the recession, consuming between them 6.5 million litres of beer.
This year's edition will be one day longer than usual and feature a historic reconstruction of the festival in former centuries including an old Oktoberfest tent and twice-daily horse races.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 7 (or iPhone 6S) leaked pictures show similarities to older model — but Apple is fixing the biggest issue of all
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
Google has set its terrifying, dreaming image robots on the public
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 2 James Blunt was special guest on the highest-rating Top Gear episode ever
- 3 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 4 Van driver who comforted Clark Carlisle and called 999 after suicide attempt dies age 24
- 5 Baby rescued 1km out to sea after parents forgot about her
iJobs Food & Drink
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To support their continued grow...
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...