Munich beer festival ups prices for 200th edition
Saturday 29 May 2010
Germany's world-famous Oktoberfest beer festival said Wednesday that it has upped the price for its huge mugs of amber nectar to almost nine euros for this year's 200th anniversary event.
A "Mass" ("measure") of beer, a litre, will cost between 8.30 euros and 8.90 euros at the event in the southern German city of Munich from September 18 to October 4, up from between 8.10 euros and 8.60 euros last year.
Last year the festival attracted 5.7 million visitors from around the world, down from six million in 2008 because of the recession, consuming between them 6.5 million litres of beer.
This year's edition will be one day longer than usual and feature a historic reconstruction of the festival in former centuries including an old Oktoberfest tent and twice-daily horse races.
Life & Style blogs
Victoria's Secret models star in new nude Russell James book
Spider app launched to help arachnophobes identify the creepy-crawlies they find at home
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
More women are now playing video games than men
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 1 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 2 Watch a man race the Circle line and win
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 Grandmas keep accidentally tagging themselves as Grandmaster Flash on Facebook
- 5 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...