New website boasts 1.7 million recipes from 250 sites
Wednesday 21 September 2011
A one-stop resource that combs the internet to aggregate recipes has launched this month.
Recipe Finder, developed across London, New York and Singapore, launched with 1.7 million recipes already in its repository, as well as 700,000 images and 4,000 ingredients from 250 food sites.
It's similar in idea to Google's Recipe View, which also scours the web for recipes based on the user's input.
Recipe Finder, however, has a cleaner interface with user-friendly toggles for setting search parameters like the number of calories, servings and cooking time. Users can also search for recipes that use certain ingredients and exclude others, and video tutorials are also available.
When users sign in to Recipe Finder through Facebook, they can also build daily or weekly menus and personalize them by adding an occasion - birthday dinner, Sunday brunch or poker night. Menus are created by clicking and dragging the recipes and saving it.
Recipe websites are also indexed regularly to keep the site updated.
Other innovative recipe search sites include Gojee.com, which suggests recipes based on the contents of your fridge, and the Turntable Kitchen, which pairs certain dishes with musical tracks, much like a food and wine pairing.
To test out the latest recipe search site, visit http://recipe-finder.com/.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Eurovision 2015: Graham Norton returns with another cutting commentary - his best lines
- 2 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 3 Eurovision 2015 winner: Sweden beats Russia and Italy to take the title from Conchita Wurst
- 4 Mother 'will allow son's circumcision in return for release from prison'
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
iJobs Food & Drink
£24K + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Events Coordinator ...
Salary 42,000: Royal Yachting Association Cymru Wales: The CEO is responsible ...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...