Alcohol: Who do they drink they are?
What does a tipple say about its drinker? People are often guilty of making assumptions about people based on their beverage of choice, but what about the prosecutors of two men in Cameroon who have served a year in prison for homosexuality because their "guilt" was "proved" by the fact that they were drinking Baileys in a bar? At least my prejudices about drinks, listed below, aren't homophobic or likely to land anyone in prison.
If you drink...
Advocaat you're a nanna who doesn't imbibe except for a bi-annual snowball
Aftershock you or a friend have a semi-convincing fake ID and are likely to have a stomach pump in the near future
Aperol/Campari you are either a) a metropolitan hipster, b) have taste buds that don't recognise what bitterness is, or c) Italian
Gin and slim you're trying to keep the skinny-jean dream alive
Snakebite black you're a goth. Cheer up
Pinot Grigio you really like the idea – and effects – of wine but not the taste (er, me...)
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Russell Brand accuses FOX News anchor Sean Hannity of terrorism after aggressive Israel-Gaza debate
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness – including don’t try to convert other people
- 3 Arturo Vidal to Manchester United: Midfielder set to force through move to Louis van Gaal's Red Devils - reports
- 4 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...