Alcohol: Who do they drink they are?
What does a tipple say about its drinker? People are often guilty of making assumptions about people based on their beverage of choice, but what about the prosecutors of two men in Cameroon who have served a year in prison for homosexuality because their "guilt" was "proved" by the fact that they were drinking Baileys in a bar? At least my prejudices about drinks, listed below, aren't homophobic or likely to land anyone in prison.
If you drink...
Advocaat you're a nanna who doesn't imbibe except for a bi-annual snowball
Aftershock you or a friend have a semi-convincing fake ID and are likely to have a stomach pump in the near future
Aperol/Campari you are either a) a metropolitan hipster, b) have taste buds that don't recognise what bitterness is, or c) Italian
Gin and slim you're trying to keep the skinny-jean dream alive
Snakebite black you're a goth. Cheer up
Pinot Grigio you really like the idea – and effects – of wine but not the taste (er, me...)
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 3 Belgium fan Axelle Despiegelaere lands L'Oreal campaign after World Cup viral photo
- 4 Britney Spears sings 'Alien' without Auto-Tune in embarrassing leaked audio clip
- 5 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
iJobs Food & Drink
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...
Voluntary, reasonable expenses reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Are you keen on...
£33000 - £45000 per annum + 8% Bonus, pension: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: ...
£30K- £40K pa + Commision £10K + Benefits: Charter Selection: Rapidly expandin...