America: land of the (not very nice) cheese
It's fair to say that America is not a nation known for its cheeses. There's Monterey Jack, cheese slices and, erm, Easy Cheese, which comes in an aerosol can. But there's a new grand fromage that is tickling the nation's taste buds: Pepper Jack, cheese with little bits of spicy jalapeño pepper.
US sales of the stuff in fast-food products are up 56 per cent in four years, according to the market researcher Datassential. But what about British cheese fans? Fear not, you can find its kind here, called Tex Mex or Mexicana. Ilchester's sliced version, bought from Tesco, illicited the following comments during a taste test: "That tastes like a Dorito. That fell under the sofa at a really good party. Three years ago."
"There's a lot going on there!"
"It smells. But I'm going to have some more." I think Stilton's crown is safe for now.
Life & Style blogs
Google Maps hides image of Android robot urinating on Apple in surprisingly insolent Easter egg
KickassTorrents down: new Isle of Man domain taken offline just hours after launch
Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Blueprint Map: Can you guess the name of the city from its outline?
- 1 Migrant crisis: Greek soldier saved 20 people singlehandedly off Rhodes beach
- 2 Sofyen Belamouadden murder: The inside story of a crime that horrified Britain
- 3 UK weather: Britain braced for snow as arctic air mass moves in
- 4 Aaron and Melissa Klein: Oregon anti-gay bakers ordered to pay $135,000 after refusing to make cake for same-sex wedding
- 5 'Isis' schoolgirls: Missing British teenager tweets picture of her Syrian takeaway
iJobs Food & Drink
£15310 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An exciting opportunity has arisen for a...
£24000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Situated in the heart of Bradfo...
£18750 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Hotel in Chadderton is a popular ch...
£Competitive (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing and Co...