America: land of the (not very nice) cheese
It's fair to say that America is not a nation known for its cheeses. There's Monterey Jack, cheese slices and, erm, Easy Cheese, which comes in an aerosol can. But there's a new grand fromage that is tickling the nation's taste buds: Pepper Jack, cheese with little bits of spicy jalapeño pepper.
US sales of the stuff in fast-food products are up 56 per cent in four years, according to the market researcher Datassential. But what about British cheese fans? Fear not, you can find its kind here, called Tex Mex or Mexicana. Ilchester's sliced version, bought from Tesco, illicited the following comments during a taste test: "That tastes like a Dorito. That fell under the sofa at a really good party. Three years ago."
"There's a lot going on there!"
"It smells. But I'm going to have some more." I think Stilton's crown is safe for now.
Life & Style blogs
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
A nap a day could save your life
Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
The antidote to Tinder? Majority of dating app users want relationship, rather than hook-ups, study finds
The truth behind who really buys sex dolls, from the man who makes the most realistic ones you can buy
- 1 Barbarians vs Samoa interrupted by sprinklers as fans criticise lack of Wi-Fi and poor seating at West Ham's Olympic Stadium
- 2 Caitlyn Jenner car crash: Driver who died in collision sued by surviving passengers for $18.5m
- 3 Watch the Supermoon live: How to see the brightest Moon of the year tonight
- 4 Hulk Hogan wants to be Donald Trump's running mate in the US Presidential election
- 5 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
iJobs Food & Drink
£26000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Product Development departm...
£23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Visitor Fundraising Team is responsi...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£30000 - £34000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Estates Team of this group ...