Bites: Calabrian cuisine takes centre stage
Sunday 06 January 2008
The first big restaurant opening of 2008 comes from Francesco Mazzei, last seen as the launch chef at St Alban, the follow-up to The Wolesley from Jeremy King and Chris Corbin.
Mazzei's City of London joint, L'Anima, which borders Shoreditch and Broadgate, will be open all day to serve a take on his Calabrian culinary heritage.
L'Anima ("The Spirit") has been decked out by fellow Italian Claudio Silvestrin, an architect whose CV includes the oh-so-minimalist White Cube gallery in Hoxton. It's scheduled to open in early February.
Meanwhile, Gordon Ramsay has been talking up Plane Food, his forthcoming restaurant with the crap pun for a name that will be part of Heathrow's Terminal 5 when it opens in March. With his usual consummate modesty, Ramsay claims that the 2m, 180-seat restaurant based around his Boxwood Caf concept will become the world's first Michelin-starred airport dining experience.
Life & Style blogs
iOS 8 apps and features: eight iPhone settings you need to look at after you install the update
Dale Bolinger guilty: What is sexual cannibalism?
iPhone 'Wave': iOS 8 hoax claims you can charge your iPhone in the microwave - you can't
First day of Autumn: Google Doodle celebrates 2014 Autumn equinox
iOS 8: how to free up memory on your iPhone or iPad to install the update
- 1 Rihanna 'nude pictures' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned PR disaster
- 5 Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
iJobs Food & Drink
18,000 to 20,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our fantastic leisure client i...
£50 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Affiliate Marketing Manager / Affiliate Mana...
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...