Bites: Calabrian cuisine takes centre stage
Sunday 06 January 2008
The first big restaurant opening of 2008 comes from Francesco Mazzei, last seen as the launch chef at St Alban, the follow-up to The Wolesley from Jeremy King and Chris Corbin.
Mazzei's City of London joint, L'Anima, which borders Shoreditch and Broadgate, will be open all day to serve a take on his Calabrian culinary heritage.
L'Anima ("The Spirit") has been decked out by fellow Italian Claudio Silvestrin, an architect whose CV includes the oh-so-minimalist White Cube gallery in Hoxton. It's scheduled to open in early February.
Meanwhile, Gordon Ramsay has been talking up Plane Food, his forthcoming restaurant with the crap pun for a name that will be part of Heathrow's Terminal 5 when it opens in March. With his usual consummate modesty, Ramsay claims that the 2m, 180-seat restaurant based around his Boxwood Caf concept will become the world's first Michelin-starred airport dining experience.
Life & Style blogs
How old is your heart? US research finds three out of four people have hearts five years older than their actual age
iPhone 6s Plus photos: leaks show Force Touch display, subtly altered size
Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
Why do we have eyebrows? The social significance of our silent communicators
- 1 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 2 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 3 Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
- 4 Refugee crisis: Aylan's life was full of fear - in death, he is part of 'humanity washed ashore'
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £28000 per annum + 24 days holiday, bonus, etc.: Ashdown Group: Print...
£20000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in London, Manches...
£30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Customer and Brand Manager required for ...
£25000 - £35000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Systems Administrator A...