Bites: Calabrian cuisine takes centre stage
Sunday 06 January 2008
The first big restaurant opening of 2008 comes from Francesco Mazzei, last seen as the launch chef at St Alban, the follow-up to The Wolesley from Jeremy King and Chris Corbin.
Mazzei's City of London joint, L'Anima, which borders Shoreditch and Broadgate, will be open all day to serve a take on his Calabrian culinary heritage.
L'Anima ("The Spirit") has been decked out by fellow Italian Claudio Silvestrin, an architect whose CV includes the oh-so-minimalist White Cube gallery in Hoxton. It's scheduled to open in early February.
Meanwhile, Gordon Ramsay has been talking up Plane Food, his forthcoming restaurant with the crap pun for a name that will be part of Heathrow's Terminal 5 when it opens in March. With his usual consummate modesty, Ramsay claims that the 2m, 180-seat restaurant based around his Boxwood Caf concept will become the world's first Michelin-starred airport dining experience.
Life & Style blogs
Airline food across the classes: Ever wondered what the other half are eating?
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
Huawei P8 review: best phones nobody's seen from the biggest company nobody's heard
The busiest Starbucks in the US is also the most secretive - it's where the CIA gets its coffee fix
- 1 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 2 US? China? India? The 10 biggest economies in 2030 will be...
- 3 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 4 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
- 5 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'
iJobs Food & Drink
£24000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in Manchester, Lon...
Competitive (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a number of Marketi...
£20000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This well established business ...
£25000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Management Accountant - Manchester...