Bites: Calabrian cuisine takes centre stage
Sunday 06 January 2008
The first big restaurant opening of 2008 comes from Francesco Mazzei, last seen as the launch chef at St Alban, the follow-up to The Wolesley from Jeremy King and Chris Corbin.
Mazzei's City of London joint, L'Anima, which borders Shoreditch and Broadgate, will be open all day to serve a take on his Calabrian culinary heritage.
L'Anima ("The Spirit") has been decked out by fellow Italian Claudio Silvestrin, an architect whose CV includes the oh-so-minimalist White Cube gallery in Hoxton. It's scheduled to open in early February.
Meanwhile, Gordon Ramsay has been talking up Plane Food, his forthcoming restaurant with the crap pun for a name that will be part of Heathrow's Terminal 5 when it opens in March. With his usual consummate modesty, Ramsay claims that the 2m, 180-seat restaurant based around his Boxwood Caf concept will become the world's first Michelin-starred airport dining experience.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Instagram of US airport security chiefs: Lipstick knives and IED training kits among items seized
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 5 Tony Abbott embarrasses Australia by praising Japanese WWII military, ‘getting on the sake’ and posing for ‘crotch-shot’ photo opportunity
iJobs Food & Drink
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...
Voluntary, reasonable expenses reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Are you keen on...
£33000 - £45000 per annum + 8% Bonus, pension: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: ...
£30K- £40K pa + Commision £10K + Benefits: Charter Selection: Rapidly expandin...