Bites: Calabrian cuisine takes centre stage
Sunday 06 January 2008
The first big restaurant opening of 2008 comes from Francesco Mazzei, last seen as the launch chef at St Alban, the follow-up to The Wolesley from Jeremy King and Chris Corbin.
Mazzei's City of London joint, L'Anima, which borders Shoreditch and Broadgate, will be open all day to serve a take on his Calabrian culinary heritage.
L'Anima ("The Spirit") has been decked out by fellow Italian Claudio Silvestrin, an architect whose CV includes the oh-so-minimalist White Cube gallery in Hoxton. It's scheduled to open in early February.
Meanwhile, Gordon Ramsay has been talking up Plane Food, his forthcoming restaurant with the crap pun for a name that will be part of Heathrow's Terminal 5 when it opens in March. With his usual consummate modesty, Ramsay claims that the 2m, 180-seat restaurant based around his Boxwood Caf concept will become the world's first Michelin-starred airport dining experience.
Life & Style blogs
Video shows how to turn your phone into a 3D hologram
The 'world's most beautiful vagina' has been debunked by science
Porn block in India: hundreds of sexual websites banned, internet outraged
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Sabrina Corgatelli: US hunting tourist posts picture of herself with dead giraffe after Cecil the lion outrage
- 2 Dutch King Willem-Alexander declares the end of the welfare state
- 3 A-level results 2015: UK exam board OCR admits it 'estimates' hundreds of pupils' grades after papers 'go missing'
- 4 Giant Minion terrorises drivers in Ireland as 40ft inflatable blocks busy Dublin road
- 5 'Cool kids' can go on to become losers in later life, study finds
iJobs Food & Drink
Circa £26,500 DOE: Guru Careers: An International Project Coordinator / Accoun...
£25k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Plumber / Mainten...
£14000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing travel comp...
£19000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you looking for an exciting...