Cheddar's crowning glory
Wednesday 02 June 2010
Cheeseaholic and cordon bleu trained chef Tanys Pullin from Wells, in Somerset, has marked the anniversary of the Queen's Coronation with a crown crafted from West Country farmhouse cheddar.
The impressive regal headwear has been carved from a block of cheddar which weighs half a tonne and is believed to be the largest cheese sculpture in the world, although verification from Guinness World Records is still being sought. In order to qualify for the record, the crown must weigh in at an excess of 290kg and must be made from a single piece of cheese with no internal supporting structure.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Saudi Arabia mosque bombing: Two volunteer security guards hailed as heroes for stopping Isis suicide bomber reaching worshippers
- 2 Maisie Williams has an excellent message for one confused fan
- 3 There is something wrong but very right about this Bible illustration
- 4 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 5 Tampon tax scrapped in Canada after petition convinces conservative government
iJobs Food & Drink
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£23K: Guru Careers: We're seeking an experienced Membership Administrator, to ...
£32K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Dining Room Head Chef to work for one of ...