Cheddar's crowning glory
Wednesday 02 June 2010
Cheeseaholic and cordon bleu trained chef Tanys Pullin from Wells, in Somerset, has marked the anniversary of the Queen's Coronation with a crown crafted from West Country farmhouse cheddar.
The impressive regal headwear has been carved from a block of cheddar which weighs half a tonne and is believed to be the largest cheese sculpture in the world, although verification from Guinness World Records is still being sought. In order to qualify for the record, the crown must weigh in at an excess of 290kg and must be made from a single piece of cheese with no internal supporting structure.
Life & Style blogs
Astrological signs are almost all wrong, as movement of moon and sun throws out zodiac
PTSD photo series documents what the disorder is really like – as study reveals suicides of 22 US veterans every day
The distress of some Zayn Malik fans is real, and they need support, say experts
NHS property sale could raise £7.5bn to help pay off its growing deficit and free up space for housing
Clocks change: how to make sure iPhone and smartphones automatically ‘spring forward’
- 1 Finland schools: Subjects scrapped and replaced with 'topics' as country reforms its education system
- 2 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 3 Watch: Man takes selfie every mile of 2,600 mile hike, creates amazing timelapse video
- 4 The day I starred in Only Fools and Horses
- 5 Scientists have discovered a simple way to cook rice that dramatically cuts the calories
iJobs Food & Drink
£24,000 pa, plus benefits: SFL Group: Looking for a hard-working and self-moti...
£16000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This rapidly expanding travel c...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Do you have a strong record of ...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: You will have demonstrable unde...