Cheddar's crowning glory
Wednesday 02 June 2010
Cheeseaholic and cordon bleu trained chef Tanys Pullin from Wells, in Somerset, has marked the anniversary of the Queen's Coronation with a crown crafted from West Country farmhouse cheddar.
The impressive regal headwear has been carved from a block of cheddar which weighs half a tonne and is believed to be the largest cheese sculpture in the world, although verification from Guinness World Records is still being sought. In order to qualify for the record, the crown must weigh in at an excess of 290kg and must be made from a single piece of cheese with no internal supporting structure.
Life & Style blogs
The mother who never gave up on her child abused by the Oxford child sex ring
Britain scrapes into top 25 countries in the world to be a mother in Save the Children report
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
The 12 most sexually satisfied countries in the world revealed
Uploading pictures to find out how old you are gives Microsoft the right to post them wherever they want
- 1 How the language you speak changes your view of the world
- 2 'Fire at every person you see': Israeli soldiers reveal they were ordered to shoot to kill in Gaza – even if the targets may have been civilians
- 3 Italian police 'reveal' what Jesus looked like as a young boy
- 4 Uploading pictures to find out how old you are gives Microsoft the right to post them wherever they want
- 5 YouTube social experiment shows just how easy it is to kidnap a child
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...
£24800 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: As one of London's leading Muse...
£14000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£28 - 45k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Accountant is needed to take control of the ...