Cheddar's crowning glory
Wednesday 02 June 2010
Cheeseaholic and cordon bleu trained chef Tanys Pullin from Wells, in Somerset, has marked the anniversary of the Queen's Coronation with a crown crafted from West Country farmhouse cheddar.
The impressive regal headwear has been carved from a block of cheddar which weighs half a tonne and is believed to be the largest cheese sculpture in the world, although verification from Guinness World Records is still being sought. In order to qualify for the record, the crown must weigh in at an excess of 290kg and must be made from a single piece of cheese with no internal supporting structure.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 3 Belgium fan Axelle Despiegelaere lands L'Oreal campaign after World Cup viral photo
- 4 Britney Spears sings 'Alien' without Auto-Tune in embarrassingly brilliant leaked audio clip
- 5 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
iJobs Food & Drink
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...
Voluntary, reasonable expenses reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Are you keen on...
£33000 - £45000 per annum + 8% Bonus, pension: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: ...
£30K- £40K pa + Commision £10K + Benefits: Charter Selection: Rapidly expandin...