Cornwall hosts first world pasty tournament
Sunday 04 March 2012
Food lovers from around the world descended on Cornwall yesterday for the first World Pasty Championships.
The event, at the Eden Project, near St Austell, celebrated the local delicacy, which was given protected status under EU law in 2011. Over 100 amateur and professional cooks took part. Most were from Cornwall, but people came from as far afield as the US to pit themselves against the locals.
Judges will be looking for the best pasty made to the traditional recipe.
Life & Style blogs
The Evil Within preview: a survival horror fan’s best worst nightmare
Porn film production likely to stop in Los Angeles after actor tests positive for HIV
The 3D-printed key that can unlock anything
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
The science of saturated fat: A big fat surprise about nutrition?
- 1 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 2 Joan Rivers: 'Palestinians deserve to be dead'
- 3 Lady al-Qa’ida: On the trail of Dr Aafia Siddiqui, the world’s most wanted prisoner
- 4 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 5 It's not just the savagery of Isis that is shocking – its weaponry is too
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...
£18k + Uncapped Commission (£60k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Graduate Sales Exe...
£25 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Web Developer / Software Developer is needed ...
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...