David Beckham scores with new snack flavour
Injured football star David Beckham is to be honoured during the World Cup finals - with a new Pot Noodle flavour.
Snack bosses claim he is a fan of the food and have created the Golden (Meat)Balls variety to lift his spirits after he missed out on the tournament.
Last year the firm devoted a new flavour to another noodle fan, Hollywood actress Kate Beckinsale, when they created their Steak and BeckinsALE range.
Beckham - who is nicknamed Goldenballs - is recuperating after he ruptured his achilles tendon while playing for AC Milan in March.
Pot Noodle chiefs say they have sent a crate of snacks to the 34-year-old's home in Los Angeles as he recovers.
Flavour development manager Grahame Walker said: "On hearing that David is such a fan, we got straight to work on a flavour just for him.
"He might not be able to cause a stir at the World Cup this year, but we are hoping this new Golden (Meat)Balls flavour addition will raise a few cheers - not least from the man in LA himself."
Life & Style blogs
Dozens of empty homes in two of Liverpool’s most deprived areas will be brought back into use thanks...
A roundup of the latest property news
Plus, do energy saving measures boost house prices?
The 10 Best Scotch Whiskies
The 10 Best new smartphones
Bollywood star, Shahrukh Khan, accused of choosing sex of baby
Uncooked curry leaves caused mass outbreak of salmonella in Newcastle, say health officials
Stripes set to be big for Dolce and Gabbana as fashion designers get 20 months in prison for tax evasion
- 1 Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Richard Nieuwenhuizen death: Six teenagers and 50-year-old father convicted of manslaughter in shocking case of referee killed over a game of football
- 4 Exclusive: Newcastle's star talent-spotter on brink as Joe Kinnear sparks walkout
- 5 Vast methane 'plumes' seen in Arctic ocean as sea ice retreats
iJobs Food & Drink
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working on international markets without ge...
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working for this company will give you a ch...
£40000 - £60000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£18000 - £35000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits & Uncapped Comm: Flight Cen...