Djokovic sends donkey cheese market wonky
Monday 10 December 2012
Donkey-milk cheese is not thought to have many fans. But the few it does have are likely to be sadder than Eeyore to discover that all of next year's output has been bought by Novak Djokovic.
The world's No 1 tennis player bought the world's most expensive cheese (around £400 a lb) from a farm in Zasavica in his native Serbia. The farm, where 130 animals are milked three times a day by hand, is though to be the only place to make the Pule cheese, and Djokovic wants to stock it at a chain of restaurants he plans to open.
It remains to be seen whether the news will spark a spate of other donkey farmers hoping to cash in. But those of you feeling like an ass for not trying any Pule earlier, should note that the Zasavica farm is also selling both bottled donkey milk and donkey-milk soap...
Life & Style blogs
GTA 5 Online DLC: San Andreas Flight School update brings 16-seater jet plane and more
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Karl Lagerfeld shoots Eurovision winner Conchita Wurst in suspenders for fashion shoot
- 1 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 3 A third of employers never check job applicants' qualifications, survey finds
- 4 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist
- 5 Paul Scholes: Manchester United need five experienced players who can turn round a desperate situation
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...