Djokovic sends donkey cheese market wonky
Monday 10 December 2012
Donkey-milk cheese is not thought to have many fans. But the few it does have are likely to be sadder than Eeyore to discover that all of next year's output has been bought by Novak Djokovic.
The world's No 1 tennis player bought the world's most expensive cheese (around £400 a lb) from a farm in Zasavica in his native Serbia. The farm, where 130 animals are milked three times a day by hand, is though to be the only place to make the Pule cheese, and Djokovic wants to stock it at a chain of restaurants he plans to open.
It remains to be seen whether the news will spark a spate of other donkey farmers hoping to cash in. But those of you feeling like an ass for not trying any Pule earlier, should note that the Zasavica farm is also selling both bottled donkey milk and donkey-milk soap...
Life & Style blogs
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
Mother fed her daughter tapeworms to make her skinny for pageant
Doctors tell Treasury of their anger at rejection of pay reviews
Jeremy Hunt to reform hospital parking rules
Victoria’s Secret says tickets for the London fashion show are not for 'sale' - but seats are still available for £10k
- 1 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 2 West poised to join forces with President Assad in face of Islamic State
- 3 Mother fed her daughter tapeworms to make her skinny for pageant
- 4 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...