French children infected by E.coli in burgers
Friday 17 June 2011
Eight children have been admitted to hospital in northern France after eating beef burgers infected with a strain of E.coli bacteria.
Officials said the bacteria was not related to the strain that has killed 39 and made 3,300 seriously ill, most of them in northern Germany.
The children, from the Nord-Pas-de-Calais region, the youngest of whom is 20 months old, had eaten frozen hamburgers made by the French company SEB, which said the meat was taken from animals slaughtered in three European countries and processed in France.
Life & Style blogs
Bombsheller: The website that makes us all into top fashion designers
Husband creates spreadsheet detailing wife's 'excuses' for turning down sex
Want to reduce the risk of disease? Abandon shaking hands, and start bumping fists...
UK police to start seizing drivers' mobile phones after all crashes
Standing my ground: If sitting is bad for your health, what happens when you stay on your feet for a whole month?
- 1 Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
- 2 The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 3 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- 4 Ross Burden dead: MasterChef and Ready Steady Cook star, dies aged 45
- 5 Businessman charged £75 for three small bottles of water in London hotel
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...