Gordon Ramsay is spat out by his Canadian restaurant
Friday 17 February 2012
Gordon Ramsay's first and only restaurant in Canada has severed its ties with the chef, ditching his name from its title and ripping up its contract after claiming he was not devoting enough time to the venture.
The owner of Laurier Gordon Ramsay, which opened in Montreal at a cost of £1m just six months ago, said he had been badly let down by Ramsay. "Customers kept asking: 'where's Gordon?'" Danny Lavy said.
"We spoke to his assistant and to him often about coming back at least three times a year. Gordon was excited about the project, but he never showed up." He told The Gazette in Montreal: "Are we disappointed in his lack of participation? Totally. I expected more. He just didn't get it."
A spokeswoman for the chef said he was "surprised and saddened" by the comments. "Gordon and his team have provided significant support to all levels of the business above and beyond what was required by the agreement, and we are rightfully proud to have contributed to its success to date," she said.
"We have done far more than we were contractually obligated to."
Life & Style blogs
- 1 To those who can’t see the point of International Women’s Day: you are the very reason it exists
- 2 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it
iJobs Food & Drink
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A small but growing chain of boutique hot...
£12000 - £18000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: Our client is a high-end niche t...
£20000 - £40000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Flight Centre Business Tra...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...