Heston Blumenthal tackles airline and NHS food
Thursday 02 December 2010
Heston Blumenthal is hoping to do for much-mocked airline food and NHS meals what he did for Little Chef - by raising culinary standards.
The award-winning chef, whose Fat Duck restaurant ranks among the world's best, aims to transform food and profits at five organisations for a Channel 4 series.
Heston's Michelin Impossible will see him take on the kitchen challenges of British Airways, NHS, the Royal Navy, Cineworld Cinemas and ferry company Stena Line.
Blumenthal is known for his unconventional dishes and taste experiments and took on the task of overhauling roadside chain Little Chef for a previous series.
The series is to be aired from January
Channel 4 said: "Heston conducts outrageous and bizarre experiments in his quest to find solutions where other chefs have failed."
Blumenthal will also be seen taking part in a season of programmes about fish, the Great Fish Fight.
Life & Style blogs
New £3 pill that will help stop you drinking too much available on the NHS
Dame Vivienne Westwood: The former Queen of Punk may now be an establishment pillar, but her work is still controversial – and much copied
Revealed: Lidl’s £4 perfume smells identical to Chanel’s £70 scent - but the difference is in the bottle
Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
Coke milk? Coca-Cola to launch premium milk brand called Fairlife
- 1 I'm A Celebrity 2014: Jungle security stepped up after murder and 'suspicious death' near to camp
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Jeremy Hunt: 'I took my children to A&E because I didn't want to wait for GP appointment'
- 4 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
- 5 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
iJobs Food & Drink
£55000 - £65000 per annum: Investigo: My client, a global leader in their fiel...
£45000 - £52000 per annum + bonus+bens : Investigo: My client, a global leader...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits : Investigo: One of the fastest growing g...
25,000: Sphere Digital Recruitment: CRM Executive – Global Travel Brand – Luto...