Humour: Wild horses couldn't have stopped these jokers
Wednesday 16 January 2013
There's nothing like a food scandal to get people laughing themselves horse, if this week's mane event anything to go by. Despite thinking on the hoof, Britain's punners weren't afraid to flog a dead horse in a bid for jokes. Here are some of the thoroughbreds...
* Tescos burgers came out on top... in a recent Gallup poll.
* What's the best cheese for disguising the taste of horse meat in a burger? Marscapone
* Went to the fridge to check my burgers.... aaannnnnnnnnddd they're off!!
* "Hey Tesco, why the long face?"
* Tesco is taking "I'm so hungry, I could eat a horse" a bit too seriously.
* I expect this only relates to those mini-burgers you have as snacks. You know, the horse d'oeuvres.
* What next – my Lidl pony?
* Is eating horsemeat really that bad? Let's put it to the vote. All those in favour say 'aye', all those against say 'neigh.'
* Supermarkets also removing veggie burgers from shelves as traces of UniQuorn found.
* Don't know what all the fuss is about, I've had loads of burgers from Tesco and I'm in a stable condition.
Life & Style blogs
Plus London's buy-to-let hotspots and a new property portal
Guest post by Richard Sexton, business development director of e.surv chartered surveyors
Plus lateral thinking and living on London's waterways
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.