Humour: Wild horses couldn't have stopped these jokers
Wednesday 16 January 2013
There's nothing like a food scandal to get people laughing themselves horse, if this week's mane event anything to go by. Despite thinking on the hoof, Britain's punners weren't afraid to flog a dead horse in a bid for jokes. Here are some of the thoroughbreds...
* Tescos burgers came out on top... in a recent Gallup poll.
* What's the best cheese for disguising the taste of horse meat in a burger? Marscapone
* Went to the fridge to check my burgers.... aaannnnnnnnnddd they're off!!
* "Hey Tesco, why the long face?"
* Tesco is taking "I'm so hungry, I could eat a horse" a bit too seriously.
* I expect this only relates to those mini-burgers you have as snacks. You know, the horse d'oeuvres.
* What next – my Lidl pony?
* Is eating horsemeat really that bad? Let's put it to the vote. All those in favour say 'aye', all those against say 'neigh.'
* Supermarkets also removing veggie burgers from shelves as traces of UniQuorn found.
* Don't know what all the fuss is about, I've had loads of burgers from Tesco and I'm in a stable condition.
Life & Style blogs
What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
Why you should never make assumptions about people with autism
The big fresh food con: Alarming truth behind the chocolate muffin that won't decay
Kate Moss: Previously unpublished nude photo revealed by Mert and Marcus
Holi: Festival of colours honoured with Google Doodle – here's what you need to know about the celebration
- 1 Tourist films plane's descent just metres above packed Caribbean beach
- 2 Indian woman creates 'Marriage CV' after parents put her on dating site: 'Definitely not marriage material. Won’t grow long hair, ever'
- 3 World Book Day: Boy 'excluded' from school after dressing up as Fifty Shades' Christian Grey
- 4 Bad Jews poster 'censored' on London Tube
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This successful, family owned m...
£17000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Due to the consistent growth of...
£18000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity exists for an ex...
£20000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity exists for an ou...