Humour: Wild horses couldn't have stopped these jokers
Wednesday 16 January 2013
There's nothing like a food scandal to get people laughing themselves horse, if this week's mane event anything to go by. Despite thinking on the hoof, Britain's punners weren't afraid to flog a dead horse in a bid for jokes. Here are some of the thoroughbreds...
* Tescos burgers came out on top... in a recent Gallup poll.
* What's the best cheese for disguising the taste of horse meat in a burger? Marscapone
* Went to the fridge to check my burgers.... aaannnnnnnnnddd they're off!!
* "Hey Tesco, why the long face?"
* Tesco is taking "I'm so hungry, I could eat a horse" a bit too seriously.
* I expect this only relates to those mini-burgers you have as snacks. You know, the horse d'oeuvres.
* What next – my Lidl pony?
* Is eating horsemeat really that bad? Let's put it to the vote. All those in favour say 'aye', all those against say 'neigh.'
* Supermarkets also removing veggie burgers from shelves as traces of UniQuorn found.
* Don't know what all the fuss is about, I've had loads of burgers from Tesco and I'm in a stable condition.
Life & Style blogs
Watching TV after work makes you feel 'guilty and like a failure'
NHS medics are being lured away to Australia by more money, status and sunshine, survey suggests
Xiaomi Mi4: 'Chinese Apple' launches flagship mobile to challenge iPhone
Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
Condom couture: Latex dresses hit the catwalk to raise awareness for HIV and Aids
- 1 Calum Chambers: Southampton's latest example of Generation X-factor
- 2 Crash victims in car flattened by shipping container emerge with just minor injuries
- 3 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 4 Exclusive: David Cameron’s Big Society in tatters as charity watchdog launches investigation into claims of Government funding misuse
- 5 Joey Barton and Yossi Benayoun become involved in Twitter row over Israel-Gaza conflict
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...