Humour: Wild horses couldn't have stopped these jokers
Wednesday 16 January 2013
There's nothing like a food scandal to get people laughing themselves horse, if this week's mane event anything to go by. Despite thinking on the hoof, Britain's punners weren't afraid to flog a dead horse in a bid for jokes. Here are some of the thoroughbreds...
* Tescos burgers came out on top... in a recent Gallup poll.
* What's the best cheese for disguising the taste of horse meat in a burger? Marscapone
* Went to the fridge to check my burgers.... aaannnnnnnnnddd they're off!!
* "Hey Tesco, why the long face?"
* Tesco is taking "I'm so hungry, I could eat a horse" a bit too seriously.
* I expect this only relates to those mini-burgers you have as snacks. You know, the horse d'oeuvres.
* What next – my Lidl pony?
* Is eating horsemeat really that bad? Let's put it to the vote. All those in favour say 'aye', all those against say 'neigh.'
* Supermarkets also removing veggie burgers from shelves as traces of UniQuorn found.
* Don't know what all the fuss is about, I've had loads of burgers from Tesco and I'm in a stable condition.
Life & Style blogs
The Last of Us Remastered: Once stilted and melodramatic, Hollywood is giving acting in video games a makeover
Ebola virus: UK health officials issue warning to doctors as experts admit the outbreak 'is not under control'
Ebola outbreak: Why has a disease that's only ever killed 2,000 people captivated the darkest side of our imagination?
Government backs massive new £300m gene sequencing project
National Orgasm Day: Don't get caught up on climaxing
- 1 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 Now diplomacy has failed, boycotting Israel might be the only way we can protect the people of Gaza
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...