Humour: Wild horses couldn't have stopped these jokers
Wednesday 16 January 2013
There's nothing like a food scandal to get people laughing themselves horse, if this week's mane event anything to go by. Despite thinking on the hoof, Britain's punners weren't afraid to flog a dead horse in a bid for jokes. Here are some of the thoroughbreds...
* Tescos burgers came out on top... in a recent Gallup poll.
* What's the best cheese for disguising the taste of horse meat in a burger? Marscapone
* Went to the fridge to check my burgers.... aaannnnnnnnnddd they're off!!
* "Hey Tesco, why the long face?"
* Tesco is taking "I'm so hungry, I could eat a horse" a bit too seriously.
* I expect this only relates to those mini-burgers you have as snacks. You know, the horse d'oeuvres.
* What next – my Lidl pony?
* Is eating horsemeat really that bad? Let's put it to the vote. All those in favour say 'aye', all those against say 'neigh.'
* Supermarkets also removing veggie burgers from shelves as traces of UniQuorn found.
* Don't know what all the fuss is about, I've had loads of burgers from Tesco and I'm in a stable condition.
Life & Style blogs
Free the internet from commercial interests, says Martha Lane Fox
Replica Back to the Future Hoverboard released
When did the Eiffel Tower open to the public? Six things you didn't know about iconic Paris structure
Contents of women's handbags can be worth more than a small car
Gold Apple Watch buyers can skip queues
- 1 Replica Back to the Future Hoverboard released
- 2 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 3 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London
- 4 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 5 Dylan Moran on quitting smoking, being about as sexy as the Pope and why comedy panel programmes are 'c*ck shows'
iJobs Food & Drink
£25,000 - £30,000: Sheridan Maine: Are you looking for a fantastic opportunity...
£25000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Management Accountant - Manchester...
£23000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Project Accountant (Part-...
£23,000: Beverley James: Do you have a background in hospitality and are you l...