Modelling: From restaurant to runway
It is one of those threadbare clichés: lunch and modelling doesn’t mix. Well, at the Next Models agency they certainly do; in fact Next Models in New York might now be the place to find the best lunches and dinners in the world.
Having tarted up its website, Next Models has included a chef’s division, alongside the more traditional model and “talent” (read: does TV, as well as mannequin work).
April Bloomfield of the Spotted Pig tops the list along with other well-known American celebrity chefs Tom Colicchio and David Burke.
The change has come because of the integration of Two Twelve Management, a chef talent agency, which Next purchased in 2011 and has only just got round to integrating fully it into the firm.
A new musicians division also nestles up by the chefs’ bit, with Lana del Rey and Professor Green signed up.
Whether any of these luminaries of kitchen or stage will be partaking in the traditional 5pm telephone check-in to see what jobs they have the next day remains to be seen.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Kylie Jenner challenge: Bizarre lip suction device inspired by Kardashian sister goes viral
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 3 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor are reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 4 Bruce Forsyth backs assisted dying campaign: 'If I had Alzheimer's or dementia I would do something about it'
- 5 Giorgio Armani criticises the way some gay men dress saying 'a man has to be a man'
iJobs Food & Drink
£24000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in Manchester, Lon...
Competitive (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a number of Marketi...
£20000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This well established business ...
£25000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Management Accountant - Manchester...