Modelling: From restaurant to runway
It is one of those threadbare clichés: lunch and modelling doesn’t mix. Well, at the Next Models agency they certainly do; in fact Next Models in New York might now be the place to find the best lunches and dinners in the world.
Having tarted up its website, Next Models has included a chef’s division, alongside the more traditional model and “talent” (read: does TV, as well as mannequin work).
April Bloomfield of the Spotted Pig tops the list along with other well-known American celebrity chefs Tom Colicchio and David Burke.
The change has come because of the integration of Two Twelve Management, a chef talent agency, which Next purchased in 2011 and has only just got round to integrating fully it into the firm.
A new musicians division also nestles up by the chefs’ bit, with Lana del Rey and Professor Green signed up.
Whether any of these luminaries of kitchen or stage will be partaking in the traditional 5pm telephone check-in to see what jobs they have the next day remains to be seen.
Life & Style blogs
Max power: Nine ways to make your everyday meals more flavourful
Amputee drummer gains 'superhuman' skills with robotic arm
Fenwicks department store withdraws Boy London clothing over 'Nazi' eagle logo complaints
Stevia wonder: The plant that's a super sugar alternative – and free from calories and carbs
International Women's Day 2014: Google makes 80 second video of inspirational women from across the world for animated Doodle
- 1 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 2 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 3 Singapore sting: Sky-high prices are pushing locals to the edge of affordability
- 4 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it
- 5 Dead woman's body found sitting in a car after six years after direct debits ran $54,000 bank account dry
iJobs Food & Drink
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A small but growing chain of boutique hot...
£12000 - £18000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: Our client is a high-end niche t...
£20000 - £40000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Flight Centre Business Tra...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...