Modelling: From restaurant to runway
It is one of those threadbare clichés: lunch and modelling doesn’t mix. Well, at the Next Models agency they certainly do; in fact Next Models in New York might now be the place to find the best lunches and dinners in the world.
Having tarted up its website, Next Models has included a chef’s division, alongside the more traditional model and “talent” (read: does TV, as well as mannequin work).
April Bloomfield of the Spotted Pig tops the list along with other well-known American celebrity chefs Tom Colicchio and David Burke.
The change has come because of the integration of Two Twelve Management, a chef talent agency, which Next purchased in 2011 and has only just got round to integrating fully it into the firm.
A new musicians division also nestles up by the chefs’ bit, with Lana del Rey and Professor Green signed up.
Whether any of these luminaries of kitchen or stage will be partaking in the traditional 5pm telephone check-in to see what jobs they have the next day remains to be seen.
Life & Style blogs
Looking past the search results: Google 2.0 will 'build airports and cities' says report
Anti-depressants can change how the brain works in just hours
iPhone 'Wave': iOS 8 hoax claims you can charge your iPhone in the microwave - you can't
The 'Angelina Jolie effect': Her mastectomy revelation doubled NHS breast cancer testing referrals
iOS 8: how to free up memory on your iPhone or iPad to install the update
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 London council removes 'unacceptable' Stamford Hill posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...