Pub of the year in capital for first time
Wednesday 16 February 2011
A pub in London's bustling Covent Garden has become the first in the capital to be named national pub of the year.
The Campaign for Real Ale gave the accolade to The Harp, described as a "small, friendly, independent free house which has become a haven for beer choice".
The pub was described as a "true gem" serving eight real ales and a selection of real ciders.
Runners-up were Taps in Lytham St Annes, Lancashire; the Beacon Hotel in Sedgley, West Midlands; and Salutation Inn, in Ham, Gloucestershire.
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 2 Loom bands: Bids for dress made from colourful rubber pass £170,000 on eBay
- 3 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 4 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
- 5 The true Gaza back-story that the Israelis aren’t telling this week
iJobs Food & Drink
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...
Voluntary, reasonable expenses reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Are you keen on...
£33000 - £45000 per annum + 8% Bonus, pension: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: ...
£30K- £40K pa + Commision £10K + Benefits: Charter Selection: Rapidly expandin...