Pub of the year in capital for first time
Wednesday 16 February 2011
A pub in London's bustling Covent Garden has become the first in the capital to be named national pub of the year.
The Campaign for Real Ale gave the accolade to The Harp, described as a "small, friendly, independent free house which has become a haven for beer choice".
The pub was described as a "true gem" serving eight real ales and a selection of real ciders.
Runners-up were Taps in Lytham St Annes, Lancashire; the Beacon Hotel in Sedgley, West Midlands; and Salutation Inn, in Ham, Gloucestershire.
Life & Style blogs
NHS struggling to monitor the safety and efficacy of its services outsourced to private providers
Airline food across the classes: Ever wondered what the other half are eating?
Coachella Festival 2015: from Kendall Jenner to Alexa Chung, stars and festival-goers parade their boho best
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Huawei P8 review: best phones nobody's seen from the biggest company nobody's heard
- 1 Rarest Beanie Baby of them all could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 2 Ben Affleck asked TV chiefs to hide slave-owning ancestry, new hacked Sony emails published by Wikileaks claim
- 3 Driving while dehydrated can be just as dangerous as drink driving, study suggests
- 4 Farmer told to tear down mock-Tudor castle after hiding construction behind hay bales
- 5 One Direction: Louis Tomlinson launching his own record label, has already 'signed two acts'
iJobs Food & Drink
£24000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in Manchester, Lon...
Competitive (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a number of Marketi...
£20000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This well established business ...
£25000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Management Accountant - Manchester...