Pub of the year in capital for first time
Wednesday 16 February 2011
A pub in London's bustling Covent Garden has become the first in the capital to be named national pub of the year.
The Campaign for Real Ale gave the accolade to The Harp, described as a "small, friendly, independent free house which has become a haven for beer choice".
The pub was described as a "true gem" serving eight real ales and a selection of real ciders.
Runners-up were Taps in Lytham St Annes, Lancashire; the Beacon Hotel in Sedgley, West Midlands; and Salutation Inn, in Ham, Gloucestershire.
Life & Style blogs
Scientists develop blood test that could diagnose depression
Android One handsets launch in India: £65 apiece with cricket scores baked in
Students in the south east of England gain the most weight in their first year
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 1 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 2 British tourists 'murdered' in Thailand: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 3 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 4 Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
- 5 Julian Assange and Edward Snowden join piracy mogul Kim Dotcom’s political campaign in New Zealand
iJobs Food & Drink
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...