Restaurant gives whisky to boy aged 2
Friday 12 October 2012
A two-year-old boy was served whisky instead of fruit juice at his birthday party at a Frankie and Benny's restaurant.
Sonny Rees, from Swansea, had nearly finished the 40 per cent proof drink before his mother, Nina, 34, discovered the mistake.
She said: "We noticed he was pulling a face as he was drinking. I took a sip myself. It was whisky, I would say a double.
"Sonny had taken about 10 sips – he was obviously intoxicated."
He was taken to hospital, but was later allowed home.
A Frankie and Benny's spokesman said the company was "incredibly sorry" for the mistake.
Life & Style blogs
Android One handsets launch in India: £65 apiece with cricket scores baked in
Students in the south east of England gain the most weight in their first year
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
Bulletproof Coffee: is adding butter to your coffee a good way to start the day?
Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
- 1 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 2 Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 3 Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
- 4 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
- 5 Kanye West stops concert after two fans don't stand up - doesn't realise one is in wheelchair and the other disabled
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...