A two-year-old boy was served whisky instead of fruit juice at his birthday party at a Frankie and Benny's restaurant.
Sonny Rees, from Swansea, had nearly finished the 40 per cent proof drink before his mother, Nina, 34, discovered the mistake.
She said: "We noticed he was pulling a face as he was drinking. I took a sip myself. It was whisky, I would say a double.
"Sonny had taken about 10 sips – he was obviously intoxicated."
He was taken to hospital, but was later allowed home.
A Frankie and Benny's spokesman said the company was "incredibly sorry" for the mistake.
- More about: