Restaurant gives whisky to boy aged 2
Friday 12 October 2012
A two-year-old boy was served whisky instead of fruit juice at his birthday party at a Frankie and Benny's restaurant.
Sonny Rees, from Swansea, had nearly finished the 40 per cent proof drink before his mother, Nina, 34, discovered the mistake.
She said: "We noticed he was pulling a face as he was drinking. I took a sip myself. It was whisky, I would say a double.
"Sonny had taken about 10 sips – he was obviously intoxicated."
He was taken to hospital, but was later allowed home.
A Frankie and Benny's spokesman said the company was "incredibly sorry" for the mistake.
Life & Style blogs
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Ice Bucket Challenge: ALS Association doesn't yet know what to do with all of the money raised
The best gowns on the red carpet of 2014 Venice Film Festival
The science of saturated fat: A big fat surprise about nutrition?
iPhone 6 'release date' firmed up in leaked photos of Apple smartphone
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- 5 Terror threat level raised to severe as PM warns Isis risk could last for decades
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...
£18k + Uncapped Commission (£60k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Graduate Sales Exe...
£25 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Web Developer / Software Developer is needed ...
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...