Restaurant gives whisky to boy aged 2
Friday 12 October 2012
A two-year-old boy was served whisky instead of fruit juice at his birthday party at a Frankie and Benny's restaurant.
Sonny Rees, from Swansea, had nearly finished the 40 per cent proof drink before his mother, Nina, 34, discovered the mistake.
She said: "We noticed he was pulling a face as he was drinking. I took a sip myself. It was whisky, I would say a double.
"Sonny had taken about 10 sips – he was obviously intoxicated."
He was taken to hospital, but was later allowed home.
A Frankie and Benny's spokesman said the company was "incredibly sorry" for the mistake.
Life & Style blogs
Three in every four British men will be overweight by 2030, says World Health Organisation
Rihanna's Met Gala dress took one Chinese woman 2 years to make, was reduced to omelette meme in 2 seconds
How to gain confidence and maximise your sexual potential
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
The 12 most sexually satisfied countries in the world revealed
- 1 Katie Hopkins gives rare glimpse of sensitive side with heartfelt open letter to her children penned in case she dies from epilepsy
- 2 Rihanna's Met Gala dress took one Chinese woman 2 years to make, was reduced to omelette meme in 2 seconds
- 3 Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to replace Jeremy Clarkson and co
- 4 Frankie Boyle on Scottish independence: 'In the Interests of Unity, F**k Off'
- 5 Florida couple forced to register as sex offenders for having sex on public beach
iJobs Food & Drink
£32K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Dining Room Head Chef to work for one of ...
£27K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Pastry Sous Chef / Experienced Pastry Che...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...
£24800 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: As one of London's leading Muse...