Sainsbury's recalls watercress from stores following E.coli outbreak
Thursday 12 September 2013
The supermarket giant Sainsbury's has recalled watercress from store shelves following an E.coli outbreak.
The Food Standards Agency (FSA) said the recall, which included salads containing watercress, came as a “precautionary measure due to a possible association” with the E.coli outbreak that affected 15 people.
Sainsbury's tonight said that one of the FSA “lines of inquiry” was that the people who fell ill had bought watercress at Sainsbury's stores since 1 August.
The retailer added that it had withdrawn six lines of pre-packed salad products as a “precautionary measure”.
No traces of E.coli have been found in the products to date, Sainsbury's said. The FSA's investigations continue.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Geeks who rocked the world: Documentary looks back at origins of the computer-games industry
Ukip's official health spokesperson: 'Honestly, I have no experience in health whatsoever'
Deliberately urinating before sex can increase risk of urinary tract infections
Broadmoor financial scandal: The £4m of NHS funds wasted at high-security hospital
- 1 Rowan Atkinson to sell £10 million McLaren 'supercar' he crashed into a tree and a lamppost
- 2 The truth about 'girl things': Three cheers for Heather Watson's honesty
- 3 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Men behaving badly: Urinating while standing, 'manspreading' and the gendering of selfishness
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid voluntary work: Old Royal Naval College: Join our team of friendly volu...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This airport parking organisation are looking...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Do you enjoy bus driving and are looking for ...
£18000 - £20000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: IT Support Technician - Y...