Sainsbury's recalls watercress from stores following E.coli outbreak
Thursday 12 September 2013
The supermarket giant Sainsbury's has recalled watercress from store shelves following an E.coli outbreak.
The Food Standards Agency (FSA) said the recall, which included salads containing watercress, came as a “precautionary measure due to a possible association” with the E.coli outbreak that affected 15 people.
Sainsbury's tonight said that one of the FSA “lines of inquiry” was that the people who fell ill had bought watercress at Sainsbury's stores since 1 August.
The retailer added that it had withdrawn six lines of pre-packed salad products as a “precautionary measure”.
No traces of E.coli have been found in the products to date, Sainsbury's said. The FSA's investigations continue.
Life & Style blogs
Penis size study: what's 'normal' anyway?
Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
Penis size: is there a correlation with sexual satisfaction? A scientific look
Majority of UK women don't bathe or take a shower daily
- 1 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 2 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 3 The 'sex selfie stick' lets you FaceTime the inside of a vagina
- 4 Adam Levine's biggest fan had a panic attack upon meeting him, so the singer laid down on the floor to get a photo with him
- 5 Why you're almost certainly more like your father than your mother
iJobs Food & Drink
£17000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Due to the consistent growth of...
£18000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity exists for an ex...
£20000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity exists for an ou...
£18000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...