Scots and Irish join forces to create a Celtic whisky
Thursday 17 March 2005
For years, Scots have looked on with a little envy at the way St Patrick's Day has taken off around the world as an economic force and a reason to celebrate.
Now one company is hoping to cash in on the Celtic connection and allow the Scots to join the Irish in their toast to St Patrick with the world's first multi-country malt whisky.
Made from a mix of Irish and Scottish malts by Easy Drinking Whisky Company, the blend of Cooley's Single Irish Malt and Bunnahabhain Scotch Single Malt is said to be a super smooth and super sweet drink.
The Smooth Sweeter One is the latest in a line of innovations by the whisky industry to attract new, younger drinkers to a product that has been associated with the older generation.
"Our whiskies have been created based on taste and flavour through mixing a number of malts together to produce what we consider to be the perfect malt," said David Robertson, a founder of the company and former master distiller of The Macallan.
"Numerous combinations were tried and tested but the Cooley's and Bunnahabhain was the winning formula. At that time, we were unaware that this had never been done before so we're chuffed to bits to have created an industry first."
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery reports: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 2 Disney announces new female-led film Moana
- 3 Banksy not arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 Video: Boxer Vido Loncar brutally assaults referee following defeat
iJobs Food & Drink
£30 - 50k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a SCRUM Master to joi...
£13,520: Recruitment Genius: As this role can be customer facing at times, the...
£50000 - £60000 per annum: Sauce Recruitment: A successful entertainment, even...
£25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: A fantastic opportunity h...