There’s a new crime wave spreading... five tons of Nutella stolen in Germany
German police are searching for thieves who may or may not be overweight and chocolate-mouthed after five tons of Nutella were stolen in the latest global food heist.
The sticky swag, worth almost £14,000, was lifted from a lorry in Niederaula, the scene only months ago of coffee and Red Bull raids worth £55,000.
Once a staple of mafia highwaymen staging Parmesan ambushes, food crime is becoming more common elsewhere as food prices rise.
A New Jersey man was arrested for selling £130,000 of stolen Muenster cheese at a highway rest-stop. In Quebec, three men were arrested for channelling £12m of maple syrup into a sweet-toothed Canadian cartel.
More depressingly, police in Yorkshire warned last December of a rise in “desperation theft”, including that of baby food in deprived areas.
Life & Style blogs
Revenge porn: What is it – and how big is the problem?
Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
Paris Fashion Week: Karl Lagerfeld leads a feminist riot on 'Boulevard Chanel'
The Fappening: After the third wave of leaked celebrity photos, why can't we stop it?
Windows 10 release: Microsoft bypasses 'Windows 9' with new operating system
- 1 Sainsbury's '50p challenge' poster telling staff to encourage customers to spend more placed in shop window instead of staff room
- 2 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 3 HeForShe campaign: Iceland to follow up Emma Watson speech with UN women's rights conference – for men only
- 4 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 5 Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
30,000 to 35,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: We are currently recruiting on...
28,000 to 32,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our client, a hospitality busi...
18,000 to 20,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our fantastic leisure client i...
£20 - 24k: Guru Careers: A Marketing Analyst / Marketing Executive is needed t...