There’s a new crime wave spreading... five tons of Nutella stolen in Germany
German police are searching for thieves who may or may not be overweight and chocolate-mouthed after five tons of Nutella were stolen in the latest global food heist.
The sticky swag, worth almost £14,000, was lifted from a lorry in Niederaula, the scene only months ago of coffee and Red Bull raids worth £55,000.
Once a staple of mafia highwaymen staging Parmesan ambushes, food crime is becoming more common elsewhere as food prices rise.
A New Jersey man was arrested for selling £130,000 of stolen Muenster cheese at a highway rest-stop. In Quebec, three men were arrested for channelling £12m of maple syrup into a sweet-toothed Canadian cartel.
More depressingly, police in Yorkshire warned last December of a rise in “desperation theft”, including that of baby food in deprived areas.
Lincoln MP Karl McCartney 'denied all knowledge' of the Twitter activity
Detective novelist who wrote Death comes to Pemberley passed away peacefully at her home, aged 94
Sites using the popular Gigya comment platform were attacked by the Syrian Electronic Army (SEA)
Life & Style blogs
Dame Vivienne Westwood: The former Queen of Punk may now be an establishment pillar, but her work is still controversial – and much copied
Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
Coke milk? Coca-Cola to launch premium milk brand called Fairlife
NHS could triple number of weight-loss surgeries to reduce number of obese Britons
Black Friday: Best fashion deals -online and on the high-street
- 1 Sean Abbott: Messages of support flood in for bowler following death of batsman Phil Hughes
- 2 Ridley Scott on Exodus, Gods and Kings casting: 'I'm not going to get it financed if my lead actor is Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such'
- 3 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
- 4 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 5 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
iJobs Food & Drink
£55000 - £65000 per annum: Investigo: My client, a global leader in their fiel...
£45000 - £52000 per annum + bonus+bens : Investigo: My client, a global leader...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits : Investigo: One of the fastest growing g...
25,000: Sphere Digital Recruitment: CRM Executive – Global Travel Brand – Luto...