Trending: The celebrities appearing in a pub near you
Like your drinks with twist of celebrity endorsement? If so, we hope you're thirsty, as there are more than ever to choose from. Fergie of the Black Eyed Peas has announced she is teaming up with charmingly named rapper, Pitbull, to launch a low-calorie vodka, Voli.
The announcement came on the heels of that from George Clooney and Rande Gerber (Mr Cindy Crawford) who are, in a move like an Entourage storyline, to launch Casamigos Tequila; and that from Drew Barrymore, who has created Barrymore Pinot Grigio 2011.
As it was once with fragrance, the new celebrity must-have is an alcohol range. But the trend has gone beyond just being a famous face for the ads, to one where the stars themselves are financially involved. Many will have been inspired by Van Halen singer Sammy Hagar, who in 1996 launched Cabo Wabo Tequila. In 2008, he sold 80 per cent of the company for $80m.
Hip-hop mogul P Diddy upped his ambassador status with Ciroc vodka, to a profit-sharing venture with its owners Diageo. And Ghostbusters star Dan Aykroyd was in the UK recently to launch his Crystal Head vodka. Taking ever fewer film parts, overseeing the vodka business has become Aykroyd's main role.
Other celebrity drinks brands are less calculated. In 2006, Danny DeVito appeared drunk on a morning US TV show, admitting on air that he had spent the previous night drinking limoncello. After the clip went viral, he released a range of the Italian liqueur.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 London council removes 'unacceptable' Stamford Hill posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...