TripAdvisor row between ‘foodie’ and pub owner goes viral
A row on TripAdvisor between a self-professed “foodie” and a pub owner who fired back by criticising his choice of chips as a starter has gone viral online.
In his one-star review the diner, writing under the username Sinsand, complained of “aweful [sic] food and dire complaint handling” at the Bladebone Inn near Reading in Berkshire.
Owner and chef Kiren Puri, who trained at the Roux brothers’ Waterside Inn in Bray, was quick to respond, writing: “You claim to be foodies. I have never met a self professed foodie start [sic] his meal with a bowl of chips.”
The dispute was over a portion of beef rib with marrow bone smoke mash which Sinsand sent back claiming it was “tough”, only to be told by a “very incompetent and rude waiter,” who turned out to be Mr Puri, that the chef had tasted it and it was fine. Responding to the review, Mr Puri wrote: “People, like yourself, are a disease upon our wonderful industry”.
Life & Style blogs
Reader dilemma: 'Our son is 34 with an IQ of 85, and spends all his time in his room. What will happen to him when we're no longer here?'
Why it matters 26 million people have changed their Facebook profile picture to a rainbow flag
YouTube star Loey Lane hits back at hateful comments about ‘fat girls in bikinis’ and how plus-size women promote obesity
The age of inactivity: How laziness is killing us
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Reader dilemma: 'Our son is 34 with an IQ of 85, and spends all his time in his room. What will happen to him when we're no longer here?'
- 2 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 3 Russian officials ban yoga because it's too much like a religious cult
- 4 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 5 Ginger Pride festival to take place next summer, organisers say 'time of bullying gingers is over'
iJobs Food & Drink
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...
£39,000: ICE ICT: Specific and detailed knowledge and experience of travel sys...