US beer-maker sued over booze content
Wednesday 27 February 2013
The world’s largest brewer has been accused of watering down beers, including Budweiser and Michelob, in lawsuits that seek millions of dollars in damages.
The suits, which have been filed against Anheuser-Busch InBev in Pennsylvania, California and other states, claim consumers have been cheated out of the alcohol content stated on labels.
The lawsuits are based on information from former employees at the company’s US breweries, according to lawyer Josh Boxer.
Anheuser-Busch InBev called the claims “groundless” and said its beers complied with labelling laws.
Life & Style blogs
China accused of launching four-day cyber attack on US coding website GitHub
Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
Gay marriage, one year on: Couples mark first anniversary of same-sex marriages
The ‘anti-ball crushing’ trousers are so popular they've sold out online
Robert Parker interview: The world's top wine critic on tasting 10,000 bottles a year, absurd drinking notes and New World wannabes
- 1 Germanwings plane crash: Video shows co-pilot Andreas Lubitz learning to fly as a teenager
- 2 Germanwings crash: Captain of doomed plane was only 'on board because he changed job to spend more time with his children'
- 3 Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
- 4 Germanwings plane crash: Transcript reveals passengers 'screamed for over five minutes' before plane crashed into mountain
- 5 Germanwings crash: 'Andreas Lubitz planned to marry pregnant girlfriend', claims German report
iJobs Food & Drink
£24,000 pa, plus benefits: SFL Group: Looking for a hard-working and self-moti...
£16000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This rapidly expanding travel c...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Do you have a strong record of ...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: You will have demonstrable unde...