US beer-maker sued over booze content
Wednesday 27 February 2013
The world’s largest brewer has been accused of watering down beers, including Budweiser and Michelob, in lawsuits that seek millions of dollars in damages.
The suits, which have been filed against Anheuser-Busch InBev in Pennsylvania, California and other states, claim consumers have been cheated out of the alcohol content stated on labels.
The lawsuits are based on information from former employees at the company’s US breweries, according to lawyer Josh Boxer.
Anheuser-Busch InBev called the claims “groundless” and said its beers complied with labelling laws.
Life & Style blogs
Husband creates spreadsheet detailing wife's 'excuses' for turning down sex
Watching TV after work makes you feel 'guilty and like a failure'
NHS medics are being lured away to Australia by more money, status and sunshine, survey suggests
Xiaomi Mi4: 'Chinese Apple' launches flagship mobile to challenge iPhone
Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 1 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 2 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 3 Exclusive: Cameron’s Big Society in tatters as charity watchdog launches investigation into claims of Government funding misuse
- 4 Satellite full of sexually experimental geckos adrift in space, Russia loses control of mission
- 5 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...