Mount Gay Rum is the "rum that invented rum" with a rich history dating back to 1703, when it was first distilled in Barbados - the birthplace of rum. It is recognised as the finest and oldest rum in the world where the key to success lies in its exceptional craftsmanship in its passion for the art of blending and selection of the finest ingredients.
Mount Gay has always been closely linked to the world of sailing: from 17th century navigation when in order to prove passage across the Atlantic from Europe to the "New World" sailors were obliged to bring back a barrel of Barbados rum to add weight to their words, to present-day regattas and wearing Mount Gay red caps with pride. It is the brand for all those who love the sea.
This is your chance to experience the full VIP treatment with a Caribbean twist at Cowes Week, one of the oldest and best loved regattas in the world!
Mount Gay is offering the chance to experience the thrill of racing on an ocean-racing yacht at Cowes Week. The prize includes:
- Race on a 65 foot Farr high-performance yacht at Cowes Week
- Enjoy full hospitality including breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea
- Exclusive admittance to the Ondeck VIP hospitality lounge for Mount Gay tastings
- Evening crew passes for Cowes Yacht Haven live entertainment
- Professional crew and equipment to look after every need (no sailing experience necessary).
To enter, simply answer the question below:
In what year was the first Mount Gay Rum produced in Barbados?
Email your answer to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Competition closes 20 July 2009.
- Terms and Conditions:
Winner must be over 18 years old
The prize must be taken on Tuesday 4 August 2009
The winners will be responsible for organising their own transport to West Cowes, Isle of Wight
www.ondeck.co.uk - Ondeck is the fastest growing global charter, sea school and events company
* Please enjoy Mount Gay responsibly