Your chance to race at Cowes Week with Mount Gay Rum
Enjoy great racing and VIP hospitality with Mount Gay
Tuesday 23 June 2009
Mount Gay Rum is the "rum that invented rum" with a rich history dating back to 1703, when it was first distilled in Barbados - the birthplace of rum. It is recognised as the finest and oldest rum in the world where the key to success lies in its exceptional craftsmanship in its passion for the art of blending and selection of the finest ingredients.
Mount Gay has always been closely linked to the world of sailing: from 17th century navigation when in order to prove passage across the Atlantic from Europe to the "New World" sailors were obliged to bring back a barrel of Barbados rum to add weight to their words, to present-day regattas and wearing Mount Gay red caps with pride. It is the brand for all those who love the sea.
This is your chance to experience the full VIP treatment with a Caribbean twist at Cowes Week, one of the oldest and best loved regattas in the world!
Mount Gay is offering the chance to experience the thrill of racing on an ocean-racing yacht at Cowes Week. The prize includes:
- Race on a 65 foot Farr high-performance yacht at Cowes Week
- Enjoy full hospitality including breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea
- Exclusive admittance to the Ondeck VIP hospitality lounge for Mount Gay tastings
- Evening crew passes for Cowes Yacht Haven live entertainment
- Professional crew and equipment to look after every need (no sailing experience necessary).
To enter, simply answer the question below:
In what year was the first Mount Gay Rum produced in Barbados?
Email your answer to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Competition closes 20 July 2009.
- Terms and Conditions:
Winner must be over 18 years old
The prize must be taken on Tuesday 4 August 2009
The winners will be responsible for organising their own transport to West Cowes, Isle of Wight
www.ondeck.co.uk - Ondeck is the fastest growing global charter, sea school and events company
* Please enjoy Mount Gay responsibly
Life & Style blogs
Google Maps Pacman: company offers chance to play arcade classic on streets around the world
Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
The Clove Club: The restaurant where you will pre-pay for your food
Facebook virtual reality optical illusion less impressive than originally thought
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 I might be an MP, but that doesn't stop me fighting sexism with my breasts
- 3 Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
- 4 April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
iJobs Food & Drink
£12500 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This established Wakefield Deal...
Competitive (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: our .NET Developers / Software Dev...
£25,000 - £30,000: Sheridan Maine: Are you looking for a fantastic opportunity...
£25000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Management Accountant - Manchester...