Your chance to race at Cowes Week with Mount Gay Rum
Enjoy great racing and VIP hospitality with Mount Gay
Tuesday 23 June 2009
Mount Gay Rum is the "rum that invented rum" with a rich history dating back to 1703, when it was first distilled in Barbados - the birthplace of rum. It is recognised as the finest and oldest rum in the world where the key to success lies in its exceptional craftsmanship in its passion for the art of blending and selection of the finest ingredients.
Mount Gay has always been closely linked to the world of sailing: from 17th century navigation when in order to prove passage across the Atlantic from Europe to the "New World" sailors were obliged to bring back a barrel of Barbados rum to add weight to their words, to present-day regattas and wearing Mount Gay red caps with pride. It is the brand for all those who love the sea.
This is your chance to experience the full VIP treatment with a Caribbean twist at Cowes Week, one of the oldest and best loved regattas in the world!
Mount Gay is offering the chance to experience the thrill of racing on an ocean-racing yacht at Cowes Week. The prize includes:
- Race on a 65 foot Farr high-performance yacht at Cowes Week
- Enjoy full hospitality including breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea
- Exclusive admittance to the Ondeck VIP hospitality lounge for Mount Gay tastings
- Evening crew passes for Cowes Yacht Haven live entertainment
- Professional crew and equipment to look after every need (no sailing experience necessary).
To enter, simply answer the question below:
In what year was the first Mount Gay Rum produced in Barbados?
Email your answer to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Competition closes 20 July 2009.
- Terms and Conditions:
Winner must be over 18 years old
The prize must be taken on Tuesday 4 August 2009
The winners will be responsible for organising their own transport to West Cowes, Isle of Wight
www.ondeck.co.uk - Ondeck is the fastest growing global charter, sea school and events company
* Please enjoy Mount Gay responsibly
Life & Style blogs
Holocaust Memorial Day: 70 years since Auschwitz liberation, these are the stories of survivors
Double chins could be 'cured' without surgery or dieting using new injection
The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
Hershey's angers US chocolate purists by forcing company to stop importing 'yummy' Cadbury bars
Facebook, Instagram websites down — Lizard Squad hint at involvement, but Facebook claims it broke itself
- 1 Double chins could be 'cured' without surgery or dieting using new injection
- 2 The BBC has just done more to eradicate ‘terrorism’ than all our wars since 9/11
- 3 Dog thinks owner is drowning in lake, dives in and tries to pull him out
- 4 Thank heavens for Louise Mensch and her foul-mouthed tweets to world leaders
- 5 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
iJobs Food & Drink
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
£26 - 35k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Email Marketing Specialist is needed to join...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity to join a is a...
Unpaid voluntary work: Old Royal Naval College: Join our team of friendly volu...