Obama tries burger diplomacy with Medvedev
Friday 25 June 2010
Presidents Barack Obama and Dmitry Medvedev dodged the formality of a US-Russia summit Thursday, slipping out of the White House to visit one of the US leader's favorite burger joints.
Obama and Medvedev traveled in the same presidential limousine from the White House to the Washington suburb of Arlington, Virginia, and stopped at "Ray's Hell-Burger."
The informal jaunt, symbolizing warming US-Russia relations, was squeezed in between Oval Office and a joint press conference back at the White House.
Obama and Medvedev chatted to staff and ordered at the counter of the restaurant, which has won rave reviews for the quality of its 10-ounce steakhouse-style burgers.
They than sat together at one of the restaurant's simple tables, eating their burgers.
Obama lunched at the same restaurant last year with Vice President Joe Biden.
Life & Style blogs
Video shows how to turn your phone into a 3D hologram
The 'world's most beautiful vagina' has been debunked by science
Porn block in India: hundreds of sexual websites banned, internet outraged
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Sabrina Corgatelli: US hunting tourist posts picture of herself with dead giraffe after Cecil the lion outrage
- 2 Dutch King Willem-Alexander declares the end of the welfare state
- 3 A-level results 2015: UK exam board OCR admits it 'estimates' hundreds of pupils' grades after papers 'go missing'
- 4 Giant Minion terrorises drivers in Ireland as 40ft inflatable blocks busy Dublin road
- 5 'Cool kids' can go on to become losers in later life, study finds
iJobs Food & Drink
Circa £26,500 DOE: Guru Careers: An International Project Coordinator / Accoun...
£25k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Plumber / Mainten...
£14000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing travel comp...
£19000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you looking for an exciting...