Obama tries burger diplomacy with Medvedev
Friday 25 June 2010
Presidents Barack Obama and Dmitry Medvedev dodged the formality of a US-Russia summit Thursday, slipping out of the White House to visit one of the US leader's favorite burger joints.
Obama and Medvedev traveled in the same presidential limousine from the White House to the Washington suburb of Arlington, Virginia, and stopped at "Ray's Hell-Burger."
The informal jaunt, symbolizing warming US-Russia relations, was squeezed in between Oval Office and a joint press conference back at the White House.
Obama and Medvedev chatted to staff and ordered at the counter of the restaurant, which has won rave reviews for the quality of its 10-ounce steakhouse-style burgers.
They than sat together at one of the restaurant's simple tables, eating their burgers.
Obama lunched at the same restaurant last year with Vice President Joe Biden.
Life & Style blogs
Titanfall lands with a boom on Xbox One, but will it save Microsoft's console?
Tomnod: How to join the virtual search party scanning satellite imagery for missing flight MH370
Tim Berners-Lee on creating the web: 'I never expected all these cats'
Gauthier Soho has ranted against 'food blaggers' - so can we really trust online reviews?
iOS 7.1: How to get iPhone update, and what to do once you've got it
- 1 Tony Benn dead: Veteran Labour politician passes away at 88
- 2 Arrest made after man is found by the side of the road with his penis cut off
- 3 Tim Berners-Lee on creating the web: 'I never expected all these cats'
- 4 Gauthier Soho has ranted against 'food blaggers' - so can we really trust online reviews?
- 5 Malaysia flight MH370: Pitbull song lyrics bear uncanny resemblance to missing plane mystery, according to YouTubers