Own part of a restaurant for $500
Thursday 04 February 2010
Mission Street Food (MSF), a two-day charitable restaurant in San Francisco, announced an innovative plan to expand into a full-time charitable restaurant by getting 100 investors to give $500.
On MSF’s blog, there is a cooperative business plan explaining that if 100 investors come forward from any where in the world, then the group will seek legal counsel, and begin fund raising activities. Other than being able to boast to friends that you own a restaurant, investors will receive annual dividends with a projected return on investment of 14%. Best part is joining the venture is risk-free; if the restaurant doesn’t open all funds will be returned in full.
Non-profit restaurants are a growing trend in the United States; for instance Potager in Texas has no menu and no prices, eat what you like and pay what you think its worth; and A Better World Café in New Jersey has suggested prices, if you pay more it goes to feed the hungry.
Mission Street Food: http://blog.missionstreetfood.com/2010/01/full-time-charitable-restaurant.html
A Better World Café: http://www.betterworldcafe.org/
Life & Style blogs
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Ed Miliband deemed less influential than One Direction's Louis Tomlinson by official Doncaster power list
- 3 Japanese island overrun with cats after population explodes
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
iJobs Food & Drink
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
£12500 - £13520 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Experienced Hotel Receptionists...
£12500 - £13520 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: Qualified Lifeguards are required to join a fa...