Own part of a restaurant for $500
Thursday 04 February 2010
Mission Street Food (MSF), a two-day charitable restaurant in San Francisco, announced an innovative plan to expand into a full-time charitable restaurant by getting 100 investors to give $500.
On MSF’s blog, there is a cooperative business plan explaining that if 100 investors come forward from any where in the world, then the group will seek legal counsel, and begin fund raising activities. Other than being able to boast to friends that you own a restaurant, investors will receive annual dividends with a projected return on investment of 14%. Best part is joining the venture is risk-free; if the restaurant doesn’t open all funds will be returned in full.
Non-profit restaurants are a growing trend in the United States; for instance Potager in Texas has no menu and no prices, eat what you like and pay what you think its worth; and A Better World Café in New Jersey has suggested prices, if you pay more it goes to feed the hungry.
Mission Street Food: http://blog.missionstreetfood.com/2010/01/full-time-charitable-restaurant.html
A Better World Café: http://www.betterworldcafe.org/
Life & Style blogs
What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
iPhone 6s photos leak shows new phone will be thicker than iPhone 6, could make cases defunct
Overly-controlling parents cause their children lifelong psychological damage, says study
Women really are more attracted to men who make them laugh, study finds
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 4 Bob Geldof offers to take four refugee families into his home 'immediately' as he condemns humanitarian crisis as a ‘f**king disgrace'
- 5 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
iJobs Food & Drink
£22000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£7500 - £10000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness chai...
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Marketing / Digital Marketing Executive (CRM, Eve...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: The role is likely to be 4on 4 off, days and ...