Popular food site adds shopping feature
Sunday 11 September 2011
Popular food website Epicurious.com has added a new online shopping feature that sells cookware for the foodie gourmand.
It's a new foray for the Condé Nast-owned site, a repository of more than 180,000 gourmet recipes, many of which come from their sister publications like Bon Appetit and the now defunct Gourmet magazine.
In partnership with Cooking.com, Epicurious Shop, launched this week, offers cookware, kitchen appliances, tableware, cookbooks and gourmet foods from name brands like Calphalon, Mario Batali, All-Clad, Krups and KitchenAid.
The launch of the eboutique is perhaps in response to Gilt Taste, an offshoot of luxury online fashion site Gilt. Helmed by former Gourmet editor-in-chief and food writer Ruth Reichl, Gilt Taste is billed as an online market that sells premium, luxury foods like Wagyu bone marrow, caviar and kitchen and dining room appliances like Japanese knives and slate cheese boards.
Shop Epicurious ships to US addresses only.
For more, visit http://shop.epicurious.com/.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Poveglia: 'World's most haunted island' up for sale...is anyone brave enough to buy it?
- 2 The Hobbit: There and Back Again set for possible title change
- 3 Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy attacked as 'sinful'
- 4 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 5 Andre Johnson: Wu-Tang Clan-discovered rapper severed his penis and jumped from LA building
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: There are many small development projects in ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: If you have a passion for elephants and want ...