Popular food site adds shopping feature
Sunday 11 September 2011
Popular food website Epicurious.com has added a new online shopping feature that sells cookware for the foodie gourmand.
It's a new foray for the Condé Nast-owned site, a repository of more than 180,000 gourmet recipes, many of which come from their sister publications like Bon Appetit and the now defunct Gourmet magazine.
In partnership with Cooking.com, Epicurious Shop, launched this week, offers cookware, kitchen appliances, tableware, cookbooks and gourmet foods from name brands like Calphalon, Mario Batali, All-Clad, Krups and KitchenAid.
The launch of the eboutique is perhaps in response to Gilt Taste, an offshoot of luxury online fashion site Gilt. Helmed by former Gourmet editor-in-chief and food writer Ruth Reichl, Gilt Taste is billed as an online market that sells premium, luxury foods like Wagyu bone marrow, caviar and kitchen and dining room appliances like Japanese knives and slate cheese boards.
Shop Epicurious ships to US addresses only.
For more, visit http://shop.epicurious.com/.
Life & Style blogs
How old is your heart? US research finds three out of four people have hearts five years older than their actual age
iPhone 6s Plus photos: leaks show Force Touch display, subtly altered size
What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
Why do we have eyebrows? The social significance of our silent communicators
- 1 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 4 Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
- 5 Refugee crisis: Aylan's life was full of fear - in death, he is part of 'humanity washed ashore'
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £28000 per annum + 24 days holiday, bonus, etc.: Ashdown Group: Print...
£20000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in London, Manches...
£30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Customer and Brand Manager required for ...
£25000 - £35000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Systems Administrator A...