Rainbow heart cake, luscious hot chocolate and mall pretzels are top blog posts this week
Monday 22 August 2011
A photo of a cheerful, whimsical cake that slices into a heart and is layered in the kaleidoscope colors of the rainbow, as well as an easy, how-to video on mall pretzels are some of the top food posts of the week.
Photos that generated the most activity on Tumblr.com this week include a rainbow heart cake originally posted on Bakingdom.com, a prismatic and labor-intensive cake reminiscent of childhood characters like the Care Bears and the Wizard of Oz).
As of August 22, 12:30 GMT, images of the finished product have generated 1,023 notes - meaning the number of times it's been reblogged, 'liked' by fellow Tumblrs, or generated comments - since the photo was first uploaded August 19 and posted by blogger justbesplendid.
Meanwhile, a how-to video from elephantine.com posted by Gastrogirl, which has been reblogged 1,054 times, shows viewers how to make mall pretzels. The surprising step, and perhaps the secret to making the pretzel soft and chewy, involves dipping the dough in a solution of water and baking soda before popping it in the oven. To watch the video, visit http://elephantine.typepad.com/elephantine/2011/04/the-mall-pretzels.html.
Here are the top five food posts reblogged on Tumblr.com this week.
2. From Gastrogirl a mall pretzel how-to video originally posted by elephantine.com.
3. From J
ustbesplendid, a rainbow heart cake by Bakingdom.
4. From Breakfast-brunch-dessert, a recipe for cinnamon roll waffles originally posted by recipegirl.com.( http://breakfast-brunch-dessert.tumblr.com/post/9121189116/cinnamon-roll-waffles-waffles-1-3-4-cups)
5. From Gastrogirl, cupcakes with chocolate piped butterflies, originally posted by http://gratefulprayerthankfulheart.blogspot.com.
elephant appealPrince William signs up for our charity appeal
peoplePrepare to be entranced by worms as the molecular biologist gets ready to give the Royal Institution science lectures
elephant appealSo says man jailed for cutting off dead elephant's tusks
booksWe examine the best titles for teens
scienceResearchers teach border collie to understand sentences using more than 1,000 words
booksA Christmas story in six parts
travelWill high-value tourism help the workshops of this Renaissance city?
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
Life & Style blogs
Drunken assaults, drug abuse, spiked drinks – and a young couple in a pine tree: Not a very merry Christmas for the paramedics
The 10 Best Scotch Whiskies
America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
GTA 5: Rockstar bans gamers stealing in-game money worth millions
Winter Solstice 2013: Shortest day of the year marked with 'knitted' Google Doodle
- 1 Top PR exec Justine Sacco under fire for sending racist tweet before flying to Africa
- 2 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 The publisher who played with fire: the battle for control of Larsson's £30m legacy
- 5 Police seize possessions of rough sleepers in crackdown on homelessness
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 - £21000 per annum + Basic salary +incentives: FCm Travel Solutions: FC...
£54000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: Flight Centre Glo...
£27000 - £27500 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: Flight Centre Glo...
£30000 - £38000 per annum + Benefits: Corporate Traveller: Flight Centre's e-c...