Asparagus in warka pastry
This is rather like a Moroccan cigar which is normally made with spiced minced lamb. It makes a perfect snack. You could even wrap the asparagus in ham and emmental before rolling in the pastry. You can serve a herb mayonnaise or a yogurt-based dip with this if you wish.
12 or so asparagus spears with the woody ends removed
6 sheets of filo or warka pastry
40-50g butter melted
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6. Cook the asparagus in boiling salted water for 4-5 minutes until tender, then drain and dry on some kitchen paper.
Cut the leaves of pastry to the length of the asparagus and large enough for it to be rolled around 3 or 4 times.
Cover the filo with a damp cloth so it doesn't dry out while you are preparing the dish.
Take a sheet of filo and brush it lightly with butter, lay a piece of asparagus at one end and roll it up tightly and place on a baking tray. Repeat with the rest of the asparagus. Bake for about 10 minutes until golden.
Life & Style blogs
Looking past the search results: Google 2.0 will 'build airports and cities' says report
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
iPhone 'Wave': iOS 8 hoax claims you can charge your iPhone in the microwave - you can't
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
iOS 8: how to free up memory on your iPhone or iPad to install the update
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 London council removes 'unacceptable' Stamford Hill posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan in new celebrity hacking attack weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 4 Matthew Miller: American sentenced to hard labour in North Korea 'wanted to be Snowden II'
- 5 Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...