Avocado salad with anchovy and shaved Pecorino
Saturday 17 April 2010
The crucial thing with this dish is to buy ripe and tasty avocados, as well as top-notch anchovies in olive oil. If you can't find mature aged Pecorino, then Parmesan will do the trick.
2 large ripe avocados
1 small can of good-quality anchovies in olive oil
120-150g Pecorino romano or Parmesan
4tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
Peel the avocado, cut in half and remove the stone. Slice or cut the avocados into wedges and arrange on serving plates and season lightly.
Drain the anchovies; cut in half lengthways. You can use the oil to dress the anchovies or save it in the fridge for a Caesar salad dressing.
Spoon the olive oil over the anchovies and avocado; with a sharp knife, shave the Pecorino into thin slices and scatter on top.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 7 (or iPhone 6S) leaked pictures show similarities to older model — but Apple is fixing the biggest issue of all
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
Google has set its terrifying, dreaming image robots on the public
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 2 James Blunt was special guest on the highest-rating Top Gear episode ever
- 3 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 4 Van driver who comforted Clark Carlisle and called 999 after suicide attempt dies age 24
- 5 Baby rescued 1km out to sea after parents forgot about her
iJobs Food & Drink
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To support their continued grow...
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...