Avocado salad with anchovy and shaved Pecorino
Saturday 17 April 2010
The crucial thing with this dish is to buy ripe and tasty avocados, as well as top-notch anchovies in olive oil. If you can't find mature aged Pecorino, then Parmesan will do the trick.
2 large ripe avocados
1 small can of good-quality anchovies in olive oil
120-150g Pecorino romano or Parmesan
4tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
Peel the avocado, cut in half and remove the stone. Slice or cut the avocados into wedges and arrange on serving plates and season lightly.
Drain the anchovies; cut in half lengthways. You can use the oil to dress the anchovies or save it in the fridge for a Caesar salad dressing.
Spoon the olive oil over the anchovies and avocado; with a sharp knife, shave the Pecorino into thin slices and scatter on top.
Life & Style blogs
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
James Foley beheading: Twitter 'actively suspending' accounts sharing graphic imagery
Greggs Google fail: bakery chain falls afoul of search engine's algorithms with 'unofficial' logo
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Is this the end of apps? New research says a third of us don't bother to download
- 1 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
- 3 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
- 4 Nicki Minaj finally releases predictable 'Anaconda' video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...