Baby back ribs in Guinness HP
I came across this Guinness HP sauce down at Jamie Oliver's Feastival on Alex James's farm a few weeks ago. We put it to good use in the early hours with some tiny spare ribs that we found in the fridge; they went down a treat.
3-4 slabs of baby pork back ribs
For the marinade
200g Guinness HP sauce
6 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
60g root ginger, peeled and finely grated
½tbsp ground cumin
Smear the ribs with all the ingredients for the marinade in a stainless-steel or non-reactive bowl.
Cover with clingfilm and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 24 hours (the longer the better).
Preheat the oven to 190C/gas mark 5. Transfer the marinated ribs to a baking or roasting tin and cook for 30 minutes, basting as they are cooking.
Turn the oven down to 160C/gas mark 3, cover the tray with foil and continue cooking and basting for another hour, then remove the foil and cook, basting again, for a further 30-45 minutes.
Remove the ribs from the oven and serve whole or cut into sections with a simple green salad, coleslaw or baked sweet potatoes.
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Stephen Fry ‘criticises Operation Yewtree in dinner party rant’ calling for tougher laws to deter false sex abuse allegations
- 2 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 3 Israel-Gaza conflict: ‘Sderot cinema’ image shows Israelis with popcorn and chairs 'cheering as missiles strike Palestinian targets'
- 4 War is war: Why I stand with Israel
- 5 Blackest is the new black: Scientists have developed a material so dark that you can't see it...
iJobs Food & Drink
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...
Voluntary, reasonable expenses reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Are you keen on...
£33000 - £45000 per annum + 8% Bonus, pension: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: ...
£30K- £40K pa + Commision £10K + Benefits: Charter Selection: Rapidly expandin...