Baby back ribs in Guinness HP
I came across this Guinness HP sauce down at Jamie Oliver's Feastival on Alex James's farm a few weeks ago. We put it to good use in the early hours with some tiny spare ribs that we found in the fridge; they went down a treat.
3-4 slabs of baby pork back ribs
For the marinade
200g Guinness HP sauce
6 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
60g root ginger, peeled and finely grated
½tbsp ground cumin
Smear the ribs with all the ingredients for the marinade in a stainless-steel or non-reactive bowl.
Cover with clingfilm and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 24 hours (the longer the better).
Preheat the oven to 190C/gas mark 5. Transfer the marinated ribs to a baking or roasting tin and cook for 30 minutes, basting as they are cooking.
Turn the oven down to 160C/gas mark 3, cover the tray with foil and continue cooking and basting for another hour, then remove the foil and cook, basting again, for a further 30-45 minutes.
Remove the ribs from the oven and serve whole or cut into sections with a simple green salad, coleslaw or baked sweet potatoes.
Mountain goats miraculously survive avalanche in the Alps
Skyfall's Ben Whishaw confirmed for Freddie Mercury film
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Mountain goats' miraculous escape from avalanche captured in dramatic video footage
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£23000 - £27000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Round The World Experts: L...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + (£16K Base + Uncapped Commission): Flight Centre L...
£2000 - £25500 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: We are seeking an ...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...