Bacon pancakes recipe: Pancake Day will never be the same again
Throw caution to the blueberry crepe with this droolworthy creation
Bacon and pancakes are about as American as soda pop and aggressive foreign policy, but why have these breakfast bedfellows side-by-side on your plate when they can be fused in an ellipse of doughy gluttony?
Setting bacon directly into the pancake, the mouth-watering idea was dreamed up by food brand Aunt Jemima, which ran a magazine ad in 1962 with the instructions:
"Just about the best breakfast that ever greeted a hungry family! And it's as easy as this: Shake up Aunt Jemima batter according to package directions. Place cooked bacon strips on the griddle and pour batter over each strip. Bake 'em golden brown on both sides. Couldn't be easier - couldn't taste better! How about Aunt Jemima Bacon Strip Pancakes at your house tomorrow!" (Picture: Breakfast Blogger)
Here's what you'll need to make them:
(serves 4, or 1 if you're hungry)
12 slices of streaky bacon
500ml pancake batter - from a mix or from scratch (there's more on the perfect homemade batter here)
- Set your griddle/pan to a medium-high heat
- Cook the bacon until it is crispy and try to retain its strip shape
- Wipe down the pan and leave a little grease to cook the pancakes
- Separate the bacon leaving two inches between each rasher (you'll probably need to work in batches)
- Pour the batter over the bacon slowly
- Check the pancakes after a minute and, once browned, flip them
Serve with an indecent amount of maple syrup.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 7 (or iPhone 6S) leaked pictures show similarities to older model — but Apple is fixing the biggest issue of all
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
Sugary drinks are killing 184,000 adults around the world every year, says study
Google has set its terrifying, dreaming image robots on the public
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 2 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 3 Van driver who comforted Clark Carlisle and called 999 after suicide attempt dies age 24
- 4 James Blunt was special guest on the highest-rating Top Gear episode ever
- 5 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
iJobs Food & Drink
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To support their continued grow...
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...