Bacon pancakes recipe: Pancake Day will never be the same again
Throw caution to the blueberry crepe with this droolworthy creation
Bacon and pancakes are about as American as soda pop and aggressive foreign policy, but why have these breakfast bedfellows side-by-side on your plate when they can be fused in an ellipse of doughy gluttony?
Setting bacon directly into the pancake, the mouth-watering idea was dreamed up by food brand Aunt Jemima, which ran a magazine ad in 1962 with the instructions:
"Just about the best breakfast that ever greeted a hungry family! And it's as easy as this: Shake up Aunt Jemima batter according to package directions. Place cooked bacon strips on the griddle and pour batter over each strip. Bake 'em golden brown on both sides. Couldn't be easier - couldn't taste better! How about Aunt Jemima Bacon Strip Pancakes at your house tomorrow!" (Picture: Breakfast Blogger)
Here's what you'll need to make them:
(serves 4, or 1 if you're hungry)
12 slices of streaky bacon
500ml pancake batter - from a mix or from scratch (there's more on the perfect homemade batter here)
- Set your griddle/pan to a medium-high heat
- Cook the bacon until it is crispy and try to retain its strip shape
- Wipe down the pan and leave a little grease to cook the pancakes
- Separate the bacon leaving two inches between each rasher (you'll probably need to work in batches)
- Pour the batter over the bacon slowly
- Check the pancakes after a minute and, once browned, flip them
Serve with an indecent amount of maple syrup.
Life & Style blogs
The high-powered dream team trying to create a stiletto shoe as comfy as a trainer
How Old Do I Look: Microsoft’s super advanced age-guessing app is terrible at guessing how old celebrities are, too
Apple MacBook review: preposterously thin and extravagantly attractive, this is the best-designed laptop Apple has ever made
UK skin cancer statistics 'shocking' as sun-worshippers ignore the dangers of exposure
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Which country would be hardest to invade?
- 2 Indonesia executions: Death row British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford will refuse to wear a blindfold when she faces firing squad
- 3 The man who filmed the Freddie Gray video has been arrested at gunpoint
- 4 How the language you speak changes your view of the world
iJobs Food & Drink
£24800 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: As one of London's leading Muse...
£14000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£28 - 45k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Accountant is needed to take control of the ...
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This hotel in Chadderton is a p...